Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2007, 09:38 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,340,727 times

Advertisements

My daughter will be a senior this year. She is hoping to get accepted into an art school..........

Is there a web site that is helpful for scholarships?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2007, 05:26 AM

114 posts, read 399,969 times
I don't know,but I can recommend another forum
College Admissions, Search, and Financial Aid Help from College Confidential

Old 07-14-2007, 05:28 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,308,820 times
I don't know if any specific websites but there are usually books published each year that show lists of scholarships. You should also be able to get a lot of information from the guidance counselors at the school. I know that our high school puts a list of all the new scholarships into their e-mailed daily announcements and has them posted in the office.

Old 07-14-2007, 07:02 AM

thanks all!

I wish my daughter liked her guidance councilor ..she dont.. so she dont visit that office often! If she needs to have something done I often have to call and have her called in on it .......... and after talking to her councilor i can see why ......the woman is off on another planet ... her cell phone was ringing while I was on the phone with her and she took the call! ( I thought it was a cell ......and my daughter was in the office so she confirmed) and my daughter says every time she goes into her office she is on the phone with her kids or family and not talking to her! I live in small town America where names get jobs .......so nothing will or can be done about this ...........
So I thought I would watch / look on the net and get her involved this way.

Thanks everyone!

Old 07-14-2007, 12:43 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,939,949 times
Does she have a list of the art schools she would like to attend? If so call, visit their websites and get in contact with their financial aid office. They can answer any scholarship questions NOW and then can get her ready to apply for them. Remember there are deadlines so the earlier, the better.
Also, if you get to know the fin aid people and the familiarize yourself with the process now, it will be easier for her once she is in the school (as far as getting access to new scholarships and other info).

Old 07-14-2007, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
Does she have a list of the art schools she would like to attend? If so call, visit their websites and get in contact with their financial aid office. They can answer any scholarship questions NOW and then can get her ready to apply for them. Remember there are deadlines so the earlier, the better.
Also, if you get to know the fin aid people and the familiarize yourself with the process now, it will be easier for her once she is in the school (as far as getting access to new scholarships and other info).
Great advice ... She does have a few picked out...

thanks!1

Old 07-16-2007, 08:24 AM

5,652 posts, read 19,351,543 times
My school counselor in HS was useless when it came to recommending an art school anyway. Unless you want to get into business or some other common field she couldn't help you. In such a specialized field, You are better off doing the research yourself anyway. check the art field trade journals for scholarship info as well.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:01 AM

1,887 posts, read 7,939,949 times
Here's a few that I've used. Also the key is to apply for some off the wall scholarships. No one really takes the time to do this- it's a job in itself. You would be surprised at just how much money is out there if you just look. Many of these scholarships are FIRST COME FIRST SERVE regardless of race or economics.

FastWeb: Scholarships, Financial Aid and Colleges

Scholarship Search - Find Scholarships Online Free - Grants, Internships

Here's an excellent resource on Art Schools (including scholarship info)

Find Money for Art School - Scholarships, Grants, & More - ArtSchools.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities