Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 07:45 PM

746 posts, read 868,299 times

Advertisements

I'll probably get $1000 scholarship, but it has to be used with 12 months. I'd be getting close to the end of school. My dad told me I couldn't take the SAT (I was 17) because he thought I wouldn't work at it to go to college. My mom said she'd help pay since she has own job too, but I don't know. Even if so its possible my dad will want to divorce her over that, unless he gets on board. I don't want to go to a college with stuck up snobs (but that'd probably be too expensive anyway), I don't want to become a non stop patties, but I'd probably do some so I can make friends and meet women to be more than friends with (don't worry just ONE! I'm not a player!) I don't care about having a good education if I can't have friends or a girlfriend or have fun in general. Living alone for life does not sound appealing to me. I'm not depressed right now! I said that since some of you probably have or will read my other threads.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 03-10-2014 at 05:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2014, 07:51 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,198,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameisnotPeter View Post
My dad told me...
...but I don't know.
...I don't want to go to a college with stuck up snobs
...I don't want to become a non stop patties
...I'm not a player!
...I don't care about having a good education
...if I can't have... a girlfriend or have fun in general.
...Living alone for life does not sound appealing to me.
I think you need to do two three things before going to college:

1. Grow up and mature.
2. Figure out what you do want instead of what you don't want.
3. Get a tutor, go to prep class and take the SAT.

Old 03-09-2014, 07:58 PM

102,260 posts, read 108,258,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameisnotPeter View Post
That should of been financial preparation.
I'll probably get $1000 scholarship, but it has to be used with 12 months. I'd be getting close to the end of school. My dad told me I couldn't take the SAT (I was 17) because he thought I wouldn't work at it to go to college. My mom said she'd help pay since she has own job too, but I don't know. Even if so its possible my dad will want to divorce her over that, unless he gets on board. I don't want to go to a college with stuck up snobs (but that'd probably be too expensive anyway), I don't want to become a non stop patties, but I'd probably do some so I can make friends and meet women to be more than friends with (don't worry just ONE! I'm not a player!) I don't care about having a good education if I can't have friends or a girlfriend or have fun in general. Living alone for life does not sound appealing to me. I'm not depressed right now! I said that since some of you probably have or will read my other threads.
You can't go to college without having taken the SAT.

There are colleges that are free in exchange for work, there are colleges that pay everything for those who prove financial need, there are all kinds of options out there; federal PELL Grants, etc. But you have to have your act together, which it sounds like you don't, yet.

btw, how could your dad stop you from taking the SAT? He can't make you not show up for the test. It sounds like you just didn't want to take it.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I think you need to do two three things before going to college:

1. Grow up and mature.
2. Figure out what you do want instead of what you don't want.
3. Get a tutor, go to prep class and take the SAT.
*non stop partier

And I do want an enjoyable life, it is not immature to want to enjoy life!
Also I don't really have time for 3, I might get kicked out once I graduate, and I have to finish high school right now and I'll have no where to go if I get kicked out soon and no income, it'd be hard to get going (get a job would be the first step and would probably take a long time) if you're literally out on the streets.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You can't go to college without having taken the SAT.

There are colleges that are free in exchange for work, there are colleges that pay everything for those who prove financial need, there are all kinds of options out there; federal PELL Grants, etc. But you have to have your act together, which it sounds like you don't, yet.

btw, how could your dad stop you from taking the SAT? He can't make you not show up for the test. It sounds like you just didn't want to take it.
It'd cause trouble at home, plus I can't drive myself there. And you don't need the SAT if you go to community college first. Honestly I don't see the point of them having SATs if you can just go to community college first. Well the ONLY point I see in going to regular college for four years is for the fun (first year or two are supposed to be AMAZING, and seems like it could determine if your life is good or miserable.)

Old 03-10-2014, 05:50 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,580,361 times
OP, Are you a senior in HS now?

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:54 AM

45,559 posts, read 60,822,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post

If that's the case some of his other "observations" on interpersonal relationships make more sense.

OP, if you are now a high school senior you've kind of missed the boat for this fall for college, at least a 4 year school, not to mention scholarship consideration.

Crap, gotta go. Will be back later.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:07 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,976,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
If that's the case some of his other "observations" on interpersonal relationships make more sense.

OP, if you are now a high school senior you've kind of missed the boat for this fall for college, at least a 4 year school, not to mention scholarship consideration.

It's only March, he has plenty of time to apply to any university with rolling applications.

Old 03-10-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
I am.

Old 03-10-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post

Actually I'm going to this thing that gives you a scholarship just for stuff like attending, and doing other stuff, its easy!

And yes I am a senior which means I'm close to being thrown out from the little school school world (that was mostly stupid and not much to look back on) and put into the real world which I'm not prepared for but can't wait to be either!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities