Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2014, 07:28 AM

149 posts, read 179,084 times

Advertisements

I'm strongly thinking about going to this college. They offer a wide variety of online degrees. From what i've seen the reviews have been solid all around. Does anyone know anything about this school? It's in Nebraska.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 09:39 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,480,242 times
It's a reasonably-priced, regionally-accredited, non-profit college. It's about as good as any other unranked, no-name school. It is ranked #18 by U.S. News for online, bachelor's programs, but I don't think most people will even care about that.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:55 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,227,084 times
I attended Bellevue University and completed 5 classes there. I stopped attending the school because they required proctored tests and I was having to pay a third party site to proctor my tests for me. It became such a pain I quit going online and enrolled in a local campus where I attended in person.

This was a few years back so they may have changed the way they do it now but that was my only complaint about the school when I attended.

Old 04-08-2014, 05:18 PM

366 posts, read 731,002 times
You didn't say what your major was going to be but you may want to check out Peru State University. This is in Peru, Nebraska, not the country. It has reasonable tuition rates and I don't believe they require proctored exams either.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:15 PM

Do you feel as long as you have a degree from a accredited college? Then it's not a huge deal where you go.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:15 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,227,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jssteele89 View Post
Do you feel as long as you have a degree from a accredited college? Then it's not a huge deal where you go.
Depends what you want to do with it. If you want to work in a large Wall Street Investment Bank then an MBA from Bellevue University isn't going to get you that job. If you want a run of the mill job at a bank branch in your hometown the Bellevue University degree with work just fine.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:19 PM

Agreed on the Wall street example. Do you feel a degree from this school would hold wait for just any other jobs in big cities. I do have work experience. So paired with a degree

Old 11-13-2014, 07:58 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,990,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jssteele89 View Post
I'm strongly thinking about going to this college. They offer a wide variety of online degrees. From what i've seen the reviews have been solid all around. Does anyone know anything about this school? It's in Nebraska.

Thank you
I noticed you didn't choose Bellevue in the end (choosing Colorado State University Global Campus instead). Although this is an older post, some c-d searchers might land on it, and here's my two cents about Bellevue. I am not sure how its reputation is built, but if in part (large or small) it's through student surveys, then that data is probably very, very skewed.

I'm a current student, and course surveys are put out before the course ends, and these surveys close before a student receives a final grade. So, any student who has not been happy with the course or the instructor will surely not participate in the survey, or if he does, will not be completely truthful for fear of shooting himself in the foot (since the surveys are not anonymous).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities