Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2018, 10:03 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,249,829 times

Advertisements

I have 1 letter from my job. But where do I go for the other 2? Do I go back to my undergraduate? Last time I was in school was over 10 years ago. So I'm going to assume that's a no.
Also does anyone know what priority deadline means? From my understanding, it means you have to apply early for scholarship reasons.

What if a school accepts me without the scholarship and so I decline. Can I apply again a year later and try for the scholarship again?

Grad School is very expensive so I'm aiming on getting a scholarship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2018, 10:28 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,095,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
I have 1 letter from my job. But where do I go for the other 2? Do I go back to my undergraduate? Last time I was in school was over 10 years ago. So I'm going to assume that's a no.
Also does anyone know what priority deadline means? From my understanding, it means you have to apply early for scholarship reasons.

What if a school accepts me without the scholarship and so I decline. Can I apply again a year later and try for the scholarship again?

Grad School is very expensive so I'm aiming on getting a scholarship.
Just get all three from your job or previous employers.

That's what I did.

Unless you're applying to a very competitive program, it's more of a formality.

Old 09-12-2018, 11:26 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
I did a past employer, and two past supervisors.

Undergrad was 16 years before.

Where I am, scholarships for graduate school are essentially nonexistent. Fellowships/grad assistantships, yes, scholarships, no.

Old 09-14-2018, 01:26 PM

3,608 posts, read 7,922,824 times
You need to say which program you are applying to and for which degree. The advice would be very different for a Ph.D. in physics vs. an MA in art history.

Generally letters should support your knowledge/ mastery of as many of the necessary skills as possible. Letters that only say that you are a generally pleasant person have very little value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities