Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 07:10 PM

1,364 posts, read 4,147,528 times

Advertisements

It depends. Will the prestige of the school you want to transfer to help you in securing a better job once you graduate? Is it worth more of a financial struggle? Are you sure? Will you be able to find reasonable child care or school for your daughter? Will the class hours be more problematic for someone who has a child? Are you sure?

Unless you are miserable to the point of tearing your hair out, there's nothing wrong with being in a place you don't particularly like as long as it's only temporary and seems to be a better deal all around.

Just do the research. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 08:14 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,242,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam82 View Post
I never said that 2.8 makes someone dumb. I've been to 3 colleges(public and private) and they all required a 3.0 to even be considered. Sometimes schools will consider you if you have hardships that caused lower grades. I think the OP should try to at least get her GPA to 3.0 before looking to transfer. Also, be prepared that you will lose some of your credits if you transfer.
Yes, there are schools or programs that do require 3.0 or higher GPA. I am not saying that those schools do not exist. I was just pointing out that there are prestigious schools out there that do except applicants who have a GPA under 3.0.

Hampton only requires a GPA of 2.5 for transfer students.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities