Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2009, 10:08 AM

38 posts, read 103,907 times

Advertisements

I want to get my MFA in Studio Art or Printmaking.

I'm looking for a school that likes experimentation and isn't too traditional.
I graduate this December and I'll have a BFA in printmaking and sculpture from a small public liberal arts university in the South, so not an art school.

However, I feel from what I've seen in the galleries of some of the schools that I've looked at that my portfolio is good enough to get me somewhere.

I'm looking at applying at the University of Georgia for printmaking. They have one of the best printmaking programs in America - like top ten or so. The program is very competitive and small. Initially this was my first pick, but after visiting the school I felt a little bit let down by it. (4 hours away)

I'm also applying to University of South Florida in Tampa. I like that the program is idea-centered, so I could really be free to develop into whatever area I wanted. Plus Graphic Studio lives basically right next door, which would be a huge plus. (9 hours away)

University of Houston. They are suppose to be creating an inter-media program that I'm excited about.

I'm looking at a few schools, I guess for just dreaming purposes. These are schools that I wish I could go to-Maryland Institute College of Art as a long shot. California College of Art in San Francisco. Massachusetts College of Art (public art college). The problem with these schools are that they are hard to get into, expensive and a far away from my family.

It is costly to apply to so many schools, but I'm worried that if I don't apply to a number of them, then I'll have limited options or no options.

Also, are there any other schools in the South that I should consider?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 10:43 AM

1,350 posts, read 2,300,458 times
Does SCAD have a program in Savannah?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities