Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2009, 08:01 PM

484 posts, read 2,210,737 times

Advertisements

Wow i didnt think finding a major would be this hard...but I cant decide ever.
Ive already done my 1st year of GE at a community college with a GPA of 3.4

Im interested in the Economics/International Business Area but are they good degrees???If I do international business i would like to focus on east-asia as it seems to be rising..

Or are they bad degrees and should i stay away from them?
I just cant get myself into any of the other majors.....Doctors, pyhsicians, engineerrs are just not my thing..

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 08:42 PM

5 posts, read 36,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrape View Post

Im interested in the Economics/International Business Area but are they good degrees???If I do international business i would like to focus on east-asia as it seems to be rising..

I just cant get myself into any of the other majors.....Doctors, pyhsicians, engineerrs are just not my thing..

Thanks
I'm constantly going back and forth myself. I'm leaning towards getting an AS in Health Information Technology. I'm still doing research on what I can do once I get the degree. As far as the Econ/Business degree what exactly would you like to do once you graduate?

Old 08-23-2009, 11:48 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,347,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrape View Post

Thanks
if you're interested in economics and international business, find a major that fits these interests. don't get caught up in the "good" degree/"bad" degree hype. if you're interested in the subject, you're far more likely to do well in it and therefore, will find a way to succeed w/ it

Old 08-24-2009, 07:55 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,095,135 times
If you want to do international business, do you speak a second language fluently? Or do you think you'll be able to learn to speak a second language fluently? I have a few acquaintences who work internationally, and they are only able to do it because they speak at least one other language very well, and are highly knowledgeable about other cultures.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:34 AM

484 posts, read 2,210,737 times
well i am japanese and don't know about fluent, but can definently comprehend and speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities