Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 12:51 AM

12 posts, read 30,306 times

Advertisements

Would you please suggest for which university should I move ahead to pursue my degree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 10:29 AM

278 posts, read 467,777 times
Suzanemiller, I would probably suggest your public, in-state university. It depends on where you live. It is hard to coordinate school and work; night courses are hard to find, courses fill quickly, and you will get tired right when you need to study. Convenience becomes a necessity.

Also pertaining to your college decision is your state's CPA requirements, and whether you want to pursue the CPA. Most states require masters degrees, which should be taken into consideration before you enroll in a Bachelor's program, because some masters programs don't allow online course credits. I know it is a lot to plan for just now.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:04 AM

278 posts, read 467,777 times
Good luck!

Not to open that can of worms, but just keep in mind that the online universities on that site are paying for advertising and making a profit.

When they say "The students can get positions as: Chief Financial Officer, Cost Accountant, Accounting Analyst, Budget Analysts, General Accountants [etc.]" they are (a) not using proper grammar, and (b) not telling the truth. The skills required for these positions are not taught in courses leading to the online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Accounting. They offer mostly soft business courses and a little accounting - it is not the same as a B. S. in Accounting.

Old 10-24-2009, 01:48 AM

5 posts, read 11,714 times
Yes online degree is not for those peoples how can go to campus, but it is for those how don't have time for that..like working peoples or someone already taking regular class...
Now days online degree is also considerable if you have selected right college for that..i remember i read one blog at accountingprogramsu.com about the future of and prospect of online degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
Your other options are night school or going part-time. I personally am not a fan of online degrees and some employers may not give them the same weight as a regular degree. An occasional online class is okay.

Last edited by amartis; 10-24-2009 at 02:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities