Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2010, 06:58 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,723,992 times

Advertisements

I'm into my second semester at Park University's online program and just wanted to give a evaluation. I use the online learning. The classes while challenging have a manageable workload and the teachers are fair on grading. When I take the exams I have the Ft. Myer campus center just North of my house. I feel like I'm actually learning things. I came to Park from comm college and they took all of my passing credits.

My tuition is one reason why I'm very happy with Park. The rate I started paying was around $300 per credit hour which is cheaper than the other colleges I was considering in Virginia and Kentucky. While I was addressing another issue, the Park representative suggested I make a change to my status so I could pay a discounted rate for tuition. Now my tuition is around $225 a credit hour. My financial aid (okay student loans) takes care of all my tuition and with renting the books I'm getting a good value.

Park University may not be the best-known school around the country but I feel like it is a good value for someone who wants a degree from a respectable school but dosen't want to pay a lot. I actually wish I had looked a lot more closer at Park when I graduated from HS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 11:24 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,997,080 times
I live about 5 minutes from the Park University home campus. Something that is important to note is that Park University has been around since 1875. It is a regular brick-and-mortar university with an excellent reputation. The classes you take use the same curriculum as the people actually attending the physical classes and your diploma is no different as well.

If you are looking for a reputable online education that does not come from a degree mill, Park University is definitely worth looking into.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:17 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,549,746 times
Exactly what I was going to say. Park benefits from being a college with a history in its own right, not simply an online presence of dubious regard like some online programs. My lifestyle isn't one that necessitates online academia, but if it were, I'd definitely go with a school like Park, that's a school of solid reputation and was for many years before there was even such a thing as online classes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities