Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 06:26 AM

1,938 posts, read 7,123,802 times

Advertisements

Sitting in the Newport News/Williamsburg airport as we speak (8:17am December 18th). It has been 3 years since we have been home. The kids are sooo excited, hubby and I are probably even more excited.
BUT, unfortunately the purpose of the visit is that hubby is undergoing surgery at CU Denver tomorrow, Wednesday. So please say a little prayer for him as this is not routine; the medical study he took part in went wrong, for everyone who took part of it.
We know all will be well as we have lots of faith and the rest of our trip will be fun, full of laughter!
So if you see a couple in their mid 30s with a guy wrapped in bandages around his head, a teenage daughter, a short junior high young man, and an elementary third grade boy...shoot us a big smile because that is us! I am sure we will be visiting Chapel Hills for a little shopping so see you there.
Here we come COS!! Yippee!!!! Lynette and family...not a Virginia family but a COLORADO family
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 06:57 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,097,706 times
Welcome home!

Old 12-18-2012, 08:02 AM

641 posts, read 2,276,345 times
Welcome back, if only for a little while. Snow's coming in tonight, into Wednesday, so your timing is perfect.

Hope you have a wonderful Holiday!

Old 12-18-2012, 09:04 AM

26,210 posts, read 49,022,743 times
Good to hear from you, and hope that all works out well.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:40 AM

727 posts, read 1,365,923 times
Lynette - Best of luck to your husband and welcome back, even if only for a short time. I've enjoyed corresponding with you for the past couple of years and comparing notes on both CO (my adopted home) and NoVA (my exile residence for far too many years). Hope you make it back permanently in the near future, and again, wishing your husband a speedy recovery.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:30 AM

Thanks everyone! Hubby's surgery went very well and he is "home" with no pain (even without pain meds). We are so excited that we are due for a white Christmas!
While here, we are going to pick up a couple "Colorado" shirts. We never wanted to wear such a thing while living here but in VA, we are proud to announce it.

And one more prayer request, Dad went into the ER in the middle of the night and we don't know what is wrong. So prayers welcome! Thanks Coloradoans

Old 12-21-2012, 11:36 AM

727 posts, read 1,365,923 times
Thoughts and prayers on the way.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:24 PM

I have never come "home/VA" from a vacation so depressed as we did this time. I had to laugh at my mom as we drove back and forth from Denver; she complained about traffic. LOL I will take CO traffic any day of the week compared to east coast traffic. Right Mike?!
The Woomen exchange is nice, do you guys like it? Where in the world did the *** and Gos come from? They are everywhere! We ran out to the Mona Lisa for our 15th wedding anniversay and noticed Rudys on 24. Stopped in for gas and the smell of bbq was scrumptious. Is it any good? Yo-Yogurt is new and looks similar to Sweet Frogs...yum! I understand that Penrose north has become a disappointment in the sense that it isn't equiped as most would like so many get referred to Penrose main. Bummer.
I did love that everything felt like home yet.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:40 PM

26,210 posts, read 49,022,743 times
Oh yeah, love this COLO SPGS traffic...

Love the Woodmen exchange, and the new overpasses at Powers and Union / Briargate.

The Come N Go convenience stores are new this year, IIRC they plan about 15 in this area. One is now open on Interquest right off I-25 near the Hollywood theaters.

I hear that Rudy's is good, people wait in line quite a while to get some.

Best to you guys in 2013.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:40 AM

2,140 posts, read 6,467,580 times
Congrats! Welcome back. How is everyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs