Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2012, 04:20 AM

5 posts, read 7,218 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am moving to the springs sometime in the next year. I am considering living in Kissing Camels and would like to know if the hiking areas in garden of the gods and all around Colorado springs are accessible to people with dogs on leashes? Also, how is Bear creek? off leash dog park. Coming out Monday to look at town homes/ patio homes. Lived here as a kid growing up and feel like I am coming home! Julia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 06:32 AM

6,823 posts, read 10,515,063 times
You can go most places with leashed dogs. Unleashed dogs a few, such as the dog park. Lots of people love the one at Bear Creek and I think it was rated one of the best in the nation, but I personally do not know much about it. There are a few places you can't take dogs such the state parks like Cheyenne Mountain State Park and now the Manitou Incline trail as well because it is a safety hazard there. You will find some people don't obey the leash rules when hiking and you will encounter lots of unleashed dogs on the trails - probably more often than leashed, especially as you get away from the city. If you have a little dog, or just in general, do be careful about that was once in a blue moon a coyote or mountain lion will run off with someone's dog, or one will get into it with a rattlesnake or deer or bear, etc.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:07 AM

Default Thank you!!

Thank you,
I will keep all in mind. I am still curious about what the real scoop on Kissing Camels area town homes. julia

Old 05-23-2012, 08:43 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,166,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas62 View Post
Thank you,
I will keep all in mind. I am still curious about what the real scoop on Kissing Camels area town homes. julia
Here is an article from last year about the Kissing Camels townhome association's dispute with the main Kissing Camels association.
Judge rules large Kissing Camels homeowners group can't just absorb small neighboring HOA | vogrin, side, streets - SIDE STREETS - Colorado Springs Gazette, CO

May not tell you much, but it does give a little insight on the associations there.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:18 AM

665 posts, read 1,294,981 times
Bear Creek is wonderful! At least the one time I've been was a good experience. Will be going again this summer for sure.

And I believe there is a dog park near Garden of the Gods. And they do allow leashed dogs on all the trails there.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:43 AM

598 posts, read 1,546,570 times
My favorite trail is Eagle Peak...bring my dog (both leashed and unleashed) all the time. One of the best hikes in the area. Very few people and very challenging.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:02 PM

Default Thank you!!

Thank you all!! I am going to Colorado Springs next week from Kansas and I just cannot wait! You are all so nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs