Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 07:52 PM

12 posts, read 25,864 times

Advertisements

HELP! I need to know more info about the Rockrimmon area. We just relocated to COS and are staying in an extended stay for now. What's Rockrimmon like? How are the schools? Crime? Newer or older?

THANK YOU !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 08:05 PM

20 posts, read 69,980 times
To get you started: Rockrimmon seems to have some very nice homes, older, but well established. That is the Air Academy area of district 20, doesn't get much better than that. The one drawback that keeps us from looking for a home in that area is the deer. And I mean the ones on 4 legs that seem to like the vegetation growing in everyone's front yards. If you have no plans for a garden...go for it.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:46 AM

648 posts, read 2,940,004 times
Rockrimmon is a beautiful area. I grew up there and loved it. Alot of the homes are older, but many of them have been upgraded. Like any home, you would want to do an inspection. You can go to Colorado Springs Police Department City of Colorado Springs - Police Homepage. They have reports there. If you have any other questions let me know. I grew up over there. Brooke

Old 02-05-2011, 08:17 AM

22 posts, read 50,225 times
What is the commute from Rockrimmon to Ft Carson in rush hour? I am interested in D20 schools with the shortest commute to Carson, is this the southernmost area I should be looking at? I am also interested in D12 but am not finding many rentals available, any other suggestions for D12 or D20 closest to Carson? Thanks!

Old 02-05-2011, 09:58 AM

6,821 posts, read 10,512,019 times
If you found a rental less than 5 minutes from the Interstate in Rockrimmon, I think it could fit within your commute constraints.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:18 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,569,659 times
You might also consider the Pinecliff area west of I-25 at Garden of the Gods and Point of the Pines. It's a D-20 neighborhood with Rockrimmon Elem, Eagleview MS and Air Academy HS. It's a little south of Rockrimmon, but has beautiful homes and great views. Some of it is vintage 1980's, the other 1990's.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:53 PM

Thanks guys!!!

Old 02-09-2011, 06:38 PM

8 posts, read 12,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockysocks View Post
What is the commute from Rockrimmon to Ft Carson in rush hour?
I commute from the Peregrine area (just NW of Rockrimmon) to the hospital on Ft Carson. At 7AM the drive is less than 30 minutes. At 4PM, it is probably 35 minutes. It would probably be significantly quicker to Rockrimmon. Commuting on I-25 is usually not terrible in the afternoon unless you live north of Woodmen, then it becomes very painful, IMO.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuck View Post
I commute from the Peregrine area (just NW of Rockrimmon) to the hospital on Ft Carson. At 7AM the drive is less than 30 minutes. At 4PM, it is probably 35 minutes. It would probably be significantly quicker to Rockrimmon. Commuting on I-25 is usually not terrible in the afternoon unless you live north of Woodmen, then it becomes very painful, IMO.
That is excellent info, thank you! Just what I was looking for

Old 12-29-2011, 03:30 PM

5 posts, read 10,362 times
If you are looking to live in a VERY low-crime area, Rockrimmon, Mt Shadows, or Peregrine is the place to go. Be prepared to pay more than you would in other parts of the city because it is an area in high demand. Its beautiful (we do get alot of snow in this area) and we have a ton of wildlife since we are nestled next to the foothills of the mountains. My kids are little so I can only recommend the elementary schools in the area. I high recommend Trailblazer Elementary and Chipeta Elementary if you plan to live in this area. I also recommend you have a vehicle with 4 wheel drive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs