Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 07:40 AM

6 posts, read 4,756 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My husband is in the Air Force and we will be relocating to Colorado Springs in June, I need suggestion for a good school district to buy our house in so when we have to relocate again it won't be too hard to sell. I am an RN and have Cardiac experience and I would love some suggestions for jobs. Thank you in advance.

nntc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2015, 08:07 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,167,940 times
There are 2 newer hospitals on the north end of town - Memorial Hospital North and Northcare at St Francis.
https://www.uchealth.org/Pages/OHAM/...ionalUnitId=28
Northcare at St. Francis - Colorado Springs

Generally the north end of town is desirable and easily re-sellable - people especially graviate to District 20 schools.

Old 03-25-2015, 09:19 AM

Default Thank you

Thank you beezle1 for the response. I will definitely look into District 20, I also read that Briargate is a good area as well. I will definitely look into the hospitals. Thanks again

Old 03-25-2015, 11:34 AM

346 posts, read 549,706 times
We live in Northgate (up by the Air Force Academy) and are getting ready to list our home in June. I was pleasantly surprised at the appreciation we have seen in only three years! The great District 20 schools and the new Polaris Pointe development down the road (anchored by Bass Pro Shop) have definitely helped. They are building a new Sprouts right outside our neighbourhood (an Ace Hardware and some other retailers will be coming soon after). Lots of new restaurants in the area, too...now we never have to drive more than 5 or 10 minutes for anything!

We have loved living up here and have lots of military neighbours from all the local bases. The Academy commissary is on the smaller side but nice and we use their pharmacy when we can. If it's in your price range ($300,000 and up) take a look in Northgate.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:26 AM

Thank you MrsMac, do you or your husband run into any traffic troubles when heading towards Peterson? The convenience of having places close by sounds wonderful! I tried to look on realtor.com and looks like the houses there sell fairly quick, there's very few listing for Northgate, though 300k is a little out of our price range. We have been looking at Briargate as well. We will keep looking and hoping for success comes June.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:07 AM

346 posts, read 549,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nntc View Post
Thank you MrsMac, do you or your husband run into any traffic troubles when heading towards Peterson? The convenience of having places close by sounds wonderful! I tried to look on realtor.com and looks like the houses there sell fairly quick, there's very few listing for Northgate, though 300k is a little out of our price range. We have been looking at Briargate as well. We will keep looking and hoping for success comes June.
Be sure to look at militarybyowner for homes, too (using the Academy as the closest base). Traffic isn't a huge issue in Colorado Springs (though traveling north/south during commute tends to be easier than east/west); traffic may slow down a bit during commute time but it still moves. After living in areas with hellish traffic (San Francisco Bay Area, Honolulu, New York/New Jersey) I always laugh when people here complain about the traffic!

Briargate and Pine Creek are great areas just a stone's throw from Northgate and the prices are definitely lower. (Everything in Northgate is newer and great big houses are the norm so pricing is higher.)

Old 03-26-2015, 04:17 PM

Thank you so much for your response, we are excited to be moving to such a pretty place, and hearing that there isn't much traffic trouble is another plus!

Old 03-29-2015, 01:36 PM

409 posts, read 704,328 times
There are definitely homes in the sub-$300K range in Northgate or a little south. Our neighborhood, Greyhawk (Northgate and Voyager) usually has a few homes in the mid to upper $200K area.

Stonewater, across Voyager from the Da Vinci Academy, between Middle Creek and Sybilla is a new neighborhood with houses going up between mid $200K to mid $300K.

I don't recall the neighborhood name, but just north of Ridgeline off Voyager is a neighborhood that's almost all in the $200Ks.

The neighborhood off Jet Stream, near New Life Church, is also affordable, and even has some recent sales below $200K.

WRT traffic, it is pretty much cake compared to many other places. If you do live in the Northgate area, you'll be going down Powers blvd to work, which is stoplights most of the way. It's not terrible, but something to keep in mind.

Old 04-03-2015, 02:25 PM

73 posts, read 187,140 times
District 20 is the largest with many areas to choose from. I think this would be safe bet!

Old 04-03-2015, 02:57 PM

6,824 posts, read 10,522,918 times
Technically D11 is the largest school district and with more diversity of options, but D20 is pretty popular and a bit higher priced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs