Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2008, 10:52 PM

1 posts, read 3,455 times

Advertisements

we are moving to Co. springs in April. We know NOTHING about the area. realitors will tell us NOTHING. What is the best area in co. sp. to live in. We have 4 children and homeschool. We want to live in a nice family area. My husband is going back to school at the adult studies program at ccu in co. sp. we would like to be close to that, I think. (it is on Kelly Johnson Blvd.).
By the way...we are from Va/NC. Go Redskins (although they didn't do it this year).
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Very smart economists do not expect the national housing market to rebound until 2009, after national elections and credit crunch run their course. Until then the market will go sideways or fluctuate a bit month to month. Only notable upside in COL SPGS is the steady pace of growth at Fort Carson, begun 1-2 years ago and continues through 2013, adding 1-2 thousand troops per year, plus an average of 2 family members per soldier. That may take up some slack in the housing market, especially on the south side of town and possibly out in the Banning-Lewis Ranch project on the east side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 08:54 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davmiswith4 View Post
we are moving to Co. springs in April. We know NOTHING about the area. realitors will tell us NOTHING. What is the best area in co. sp. to live in. We have 4 children and homeschool. We want to live in a nice family area. My husband is going back to school at the adult studies program at ccu in co. sp. we would like to be close to that, I think. (it is on Kelly Johnson Blvd.).
By the way...we are from Va/NC. Go Redskins (although they didn't do it this year).
Thanks

Did you ask the realtors what the best place was? What does "best" mean anyway? I think realtors are prevented from answering certain types of questions, like "What neighborhood has the least number of blue people?"

Why are you moving to Colorado Springs?
What is your housing price range or rental budget?
Besides his school, where will you be working?

Old 01-17-2008, 02:51 PM

8 posts, read 34,695 times
The pricier houses are on the north end. Personally I like the south end (Security/Widefield). It's less congested and there are some nice neighborhoods here too. If you want to be near Kelly Johnson, look at Briargate, Rockrimmon, Woodmen areas or a bit farther north there's Glenn Eagle. Kissing Camels is a little farther west but still within a few minutes. All nice neighborhoods if you can afford them.

Keep in mind that Kelly Johnson is just off I25 so as long as you're not far from the highway you can get there in 20 minutes, even from the south side.

Old 01-21-2008, 03:07 AM

3 posts, read 12,072 times
My husband and I are also looking into moving to Colorado. We are looking on the outskirts of Colorado Springs, from the web sites we go to it seems to be great. My sister use to ive near the military base there and she loved it. I can't tell you where the best place to live is, but where ever you decide check out the sexual preditors in that zip area before moving, there seems to be ALOT in Colorado.

Old 01-21-2008, 06:59 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandi09291983 View Post
check out the sexual preditors in that zip area before moving, there seems to be ALOT in Colorado.
This is a pretty serious comment. Can you back this up?

Old 01-21-2008, 04:12 PM

598 posts, read 1,547,097 times
Banning Lewis Ranch is a brand new community with about everything you'll ever want.

I would highly encourage you to take a trip out to visit before you purchase or rent for awhile. Everybody has different expectations and feelings on what makes a neighborhood great. Only you can decide that 100%.

I spent a solid week of looking around, asking questions, and talking to friends before I bought my house. I couldn't be happier! (I live in Stetson Hills)

Good luck!

Old 01-22-2008, 03:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,308 times
Default I can help

Hi, We will be moving to Colorado Springs as well and I have a link for you:
[url=http://www.relocatetothesprings.com]The Complete Colorado Springs Relocation Information Center[/url]

I sent them an email and within 5 days I received a FedEx package with a relocation packet from them. It's great. It included a map of downtown Colorado Springs, a map of the whole town including streets, a park & rec brochure and a list of things to do with descriptions and prices. It also included real estate information. I'm sure this would be exactly what you're looking for.

Have a great day!!

Last edited by Mike from back east; 01-22-2008 at 03:19 PM.. Reason: Making the link work
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs