Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2019, 08:56 AM

461 posts, read 545,624 times

Advertisements

I'm one of the idiots commuting from Monument to the Denver area every day. In my case, I work in the Tech Center, and it took me 5 hours to get home on Friday. I understand that there were a lot of contributing factors.

I left Greenwood Village at 1pm, and Waze had me get off I-25 at Plum Creek Parkway and take the frontage road to Tomah Road, which I took to Perry Park Road, which ended up being closed. I don't know the area, so I followed the crowd to Perry Park Avenue, went into Larkspur where I got back on I-25 for the 3 hour, 10 mile drive home.

I'm curious. What is Perry Park Road like? I got about halfway down it before I had to turn around. I never plan on driving that road again until Summer, but it can't hurt to know your options.

Thanks

JB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2019, 02:51 PM

7,179 posts, read 9,306,900 times
Route 105, which is also called South Perry Park road, runs from Sedalia to Monument. I have taken that route many times in the summer to avoid the mess on I-25.

But I'm not sure it's kept plowed during winter storms.

I think it's the least used route between Monument and Denver.

Old 01-21-2019, 05:36 PM

6,822 posts, read 10,510,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
Route 105, which is also called South Perry Park road, runs from Sedalia to Monument. I have taken that route many times in the summer to avoid the mess on I-25.

But I'm not sure it's kept plowed during winter storms.

I think it's the least used route between Monument and Denver.

I concur - I think it is a good alternate route in summer but in a winter storm is likely to be a bad idea.

Old 01-21-2019, 06:53 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Both Otowi and Vision67 are right. My sister lives about a half mile south of the split where you go either to Larkspur or proceed south to Palmer Lake. The county trucks do the best they can on that road, where I see them double extra duty is coming downhill westbound from Larkspur to 105. The trucks take care of the side roads pretty well where they intersect off 105; roads such as Noe, Fox Farm, Wolfensberger. But it's a narrow 2 laner-speed limit is 50-and sadly not many people follow the speed limit.

It's a nice drive though and it's ok in late Spring to early Fall. In my teen years my dad would take me out there to teach me how to drive. Heh, back then (1964) you didn't have very many people living on that stretch. In fact, when you stay on 105 after the Larkspur Rd. turnoff, that portion of 105 going into the old 85/87 and on to Palmer Lake was a gravel road. It eventually got paved, IIRC they paved it in 1974.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:44 AM

461 posts, read 545,624 times
Thanks everyone. I've driven 105 in warmer weather. I guess it looks different in our usual snow and ice.

Just a note: I took the Bustang bus to work today. For $9 each way, I didn't have to drive in a blizzard or use a PTO day. I was the only one on the bus, so tell your friends. I'm assuming that they'll cancel the DTC bus route if no one uses it.

JB

Old 01-22-2019, 10:50 AM

2,471 posts, read 2,692,112 times
Hwy 105 does not exist and should not be used by anyone, especially those who are looking for a stress free, beautiful side road from Monument to Sedalia and beyond. Nothing to see here. Move along. And whatever you do, don't stop at any of the cute restaurants in Palmer Lake. I have those reserved only for ME. LOL.

Old 01-22-2019, 11:41 AM

7,179 posts, read 9,306,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
Hwy 105 does not exist and should not be used by anyone, especially those who are looking for a stress free, beautiful side road from Monument to Sedalia and beyond. Nothing to see here. Move along. And whatever you do, don't stop at any of the cute restaurants in Palmer Lake. I have those reserved only for ME. LOL.

And don't forget Bud's Bar in Sedalia. They serve only cheeseburgers and chips. Tastes great!

Old 01-22-2019, 11:47 AM

2,471 posts, read 2,692,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
And don't forget Bud's Bar in Sedalia. They serve only cheeseburgers and chips. Tastes great!
Been there many times.

Its hard to get in the door sometimes these days. Nobody goes there anymore, its too crowded. To quote Yogi Berra.

Old 01-22-2019, 08:42 PM

5,349 posts, read 5,123,798 times
Perry Park seems like the place I'd want to retire when I made it and want to be close to family in CO but don't regularly have to commute anywhere. It's one of the prettiest spots on the whole front range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs