Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2020, 11:45 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,396,576 times

Advertisements

We don't know where we are yet on the infection curve. Eastern nations have been able to create some containment of the outbreak to an extent because they have a very cooperative citizenship that will comply with the quarantine. The US does not have this same mindset so our infection rate could soar drastically in a short time with very acute conditions that could potentially overwhelm the response capability.

We also have a range of mortality that is not consistent across the age brackets so while a large percentage of the global population may get infected, the death rate may not be consistently reflected by the infection rate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2020, 04:53 AM

7,193 posts, read 9,335,600 times
My Prediction: The top was April 1, 2020

On Friday, new unemployment data will come out. It will be downhill for 2 years.

What do you think?

Old 05-07-2020, 05:40 PM

5,849 posts, read 4,184,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
My Prediction: The top was April 1, 2020

On Friday, new unemployment data will come out. It will be downhill for 2 years.

What do you think?
This is the million dollar question. I do think Wall Street has gotten ahead of itself, but I don't think the unemployment figures tomorrow will be a big tipping point. The market has rallied on pretty much every weekly jobs report day, and all of those have been worse than expected. I think we are more likely to see a drop from Q2 earnings reports, data showing that these "openings" aren't really much of a return to normal or evidence that openings are causing the virus to surge.

I think two years is a bit long. We should have news regarding a vaccine long before that, and Wall Street is very forward-looking. I'm 50/50 on whether we see another drop or we see sideways action for the foreseeable future. There's certainly limited upside, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs