Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 01:38 PM

5 posts, read 10,036 times

Advertisements

im moving from southern california to COS and im not sure where to begin my apartment/house hunt as far as neighborhoods go, i live in a pretty nice gated community in CA and im moving to COS to attend new life church so im not sure what neighborhoods are near there to start my hunt that i can find similar to what im used to out here...so any help would be greatly appreciated as far as not only home hunting but also what is around the neighborhoods and what to consider in moving there (Honestly how much of a cultural shock will it truly be???)...

THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 02:54 PM

26,231 posts, read 49,107,208 times
This old thread will have names of apartments near New Life: Renting a place close to the Air Force Academy

Look for anything on Voyager Pkwy, there are some literally a half mile walk to the church. Zip code for searching is 80921. There are SFH rentals in the area too for not a lot more than a good sized apartment.

Also look in the index for threads on Briargate, Zip code 80920 photo tour, etc, as this area is very close to that church.

You didn't say anything about job locations, that could be a factor too. Let us know.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:16 PM

43 posts, read 198,787 times
Get a good coat. Get several, in fact. One that is lighter weight and one for those freeze-your-nosehairs days. And be prepared to be reeeeaaally cold your first winter while you acclimate. (speaking from the same experience )

Old 07-11-2008, 02:02 AM

Question thanks!

thanks for ya'lls help...have any of you heard of RidgePointe @ Gleneagle? its like less than 10 mins from new life church...is it nice? the pics look pretty good...

Old 07-11-2008, 08:08 AM

26,231 posts, read 49,107,208 times
Looks good when I drive by, never been in them. Google the apartment rating services, they may have some feedback, just beware that its usually the cranks who post there.... not that we don't get a few cranks here once in a while too.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:08 AM

7 posts, read 26,192 times
My wife and I stayed at Ridge Pointe for three months last year when we first moved out here, also from southern CA, while we were househunting. The apartments were pretty nice on the whole, but here's a few random thoughts I had about our stay:

- Dogs allowed if you have pets, although no-one enforces the poop pickup policy. Thick walls though, my dog never barked at neighbours because we never heard any.
- Lots of academy students living there. I never had any problems though, they seemed alot calmer than other apartments with lots of college students.
- No dumpsters - the trash just goes out on the gravel spits that stick out every 10 parking spots or so. Can stink bad, attracts animals, and some people chuck stuff out there that isn't really bagged, so it doesnt get picked up and starts to stink. Asinine not to have dumpsters.
- Never had a problem finding unsecured wifi.
- Staff has a drooling idiot or two, but most were very helpful.

Most important lesson I learned, although not likely very relevant for you:
- Third floor apartment with a dog and a pregnant wife: terrible idea!

In any case, good luck with your hunt, and welcome to CO.

cheers,
Zulu

Old 07-13-2008, 04:20 PM

12 posts, read 42,234 times
Welcome to Colorado Springs - you will love it here! As far as culture shock - it is all good. Cost of living is lower and not near the traffic. Folks at New Life are so wonderful - I suggest you start looking for a home in Pine Creek - beautiful golf course community and close to New Life and all the new shopping & hospitals. Great deals there right now - wish I had bought now vs 6 months ago. Good Luck!!

Old 07-18-2008, 03:24 PM

5 posts, read 12,206 times
I have no idea why you'd wanna deal with those goofballs at New Life Church. Just a bunch of sheep

Old 07-18-2008, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom73 View Post
I have no idea why you'd wanna deal with those goofballs at New Life Church. Just a bunch of sheep
im gonna have to disagree, but thanx for the time and effort you put into posting a comment that had nothing to do with my question..

Old 07-18-2008, 04:08 PM

5 posts, read 12,206 times
Well you did state that you were moving here to attend it?? Didn't you?? Maybe that wasn't your question, but you did state it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs