Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 09:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidf View Post
http://www.titan.com/careers/list.html?select=2

Try the above link. If you see something you like, let me know!

Dave
davidf, please check your private messages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2007, 02:32 PM

91 posts, read 422,574 times
Have you considered looking in Alaska for those jobs with Boeing?
Let me know by private messaging me please.
I would like to know the line of work you do and who you are currently working for now. If that is ok.
Thanks

Old 03-30-2007, 04:13 PM

14 posts, read 32,404 times
Oceanaddict....
Who was your question directed at?

Old 04-04-2007, 10:55 PM

15 posts, read 77,795 times
@ autumnwyndsong

Same thing on my end. That company that I did an initial phone interview with ended up filling the position, but I only found out because I called them back to follow up. I did receive a call from Northrop Grumman two weeks ago and they were actually pretty good about calling me back to keep me updated, but their gov't customer ended up requiring a SCI for the position, on top of my TS clearance, which I don't have

I am interviewing in a few weeks for a different position with Northrop but here in California. My hope now is to get in and be able to transfer to Colorado Springs later on

Old 04-08-2007, 11:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanaddict View Post
Have you considered looking in Alaska for those jobs with Boeing? Let me know by private messaging me please. I would like to know the line of work you do and who you are currently working for now. If that is ok. Thanks
I would but I can't send you a PM...

--------------

Thanks everyone for sharing all the great info. I just started my dream search of a job outside the DC/Metro area. Reading this thread has killed a bit of my hope but also gave me a reality check that the clearance won't carry me away from here that easily:....Unless I want to move to Iraq for a year!

Old 05-31-2007, 03:49 AM

170 posts, read 476,536 times
Hi there. Try USAJOBS - The Federal Government's Official Jobs Site

They have lots of jobs all over the US. I just went there and saw several contracting officer positions, one at Ft. Carson.

Good luck!

Old 06-04-2007, 04:49 PM

34 posts, read 122,308 times
I'm looking too but I also won't come over until I find gainful employment. I'm a Sr./Staff Software Systems Integration and Test guy and former Lockheed employee. I am hesitant to put a local address on my resume if I don't really live there. It seems deceitful to me. Is it the relo assistance that turns companies off or is it just the hastle and delay in hiring from out of the area?

I know about Raytheon, Lockheed, Grumman, Boeing, Jeppeson, Titan and Aerospace. Any others I need to take a look at?

-RGG

Old 06-04-2007, 11:48 PM

117 posts, read 622,964 times
RGG13, I have a couple of good links I'll send you via PM.

Edit to add: You do not have a PM feature in your profile. Would you like me to send them to your email in your profile?

[Moderator Note: For new members like RGG13, the PM feature takes a few days and a few postings before it starts.]

Last edited by Mike from back east; 06-05-2007 at 08:35 AM.. Reason: Edit Update

Old 06-05-2007, 05:17 PM

34 posts, read 122,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
RGG13, I have a couple of good links I'll send you via PM.

Edit to add: You do not have a PM feature in your profile. Would you like me to send them to your email in your profile?

[Moderator Note: For new members like RGG13, the PM feature takes a few days and a few postings before it starts.]
Thanks T-Brid! That'd be great.

[and thanks Moderator too!]

Old 06-05-2007, 05:50 PM

117 posts, read 622,964 times
RGG13, PM sent.

There should be a place on the applications to note that you are willing to relocate. Can always add it to a resume if not.
USA Jobs is good because they are the official job site with the US government.

Some of the other well known job sites (won't mention who ), I do not recommend because I had seen how my husband was getting slammed with emails with job offers that had nothing to do with his line of work.
Plus he also received a couple of scam job offers - you know, the ones where all they need is your bank account info so they can wheel and deal with you while you collect money from other people.

I do recommend going straight to the place you want to work at and apply or find their website and apply online.

Best wishes!

Last edited by Thunderbird; 06-05-2007 at 06:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs