Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2010, 11:48 AM

173 posts, read 360,676 times

Advertisements

Will be arriving at Eagle Airport, Vail. We will be there for 4 days. Looking to find the best place to stay, party, snowboard.

- arrive Dec 20th leave Dec 24th
- age group looking for 20's and 30's
- max driving distance from airport, around an hour
- max price per night 250

any help or recommendations on where to stay or what to do, would be great.

Thanks

Last edited by extra300; 12-14-2010 at 12:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 01:03 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times
The Eagle airport is called Vail but really it is 40 minutes west of Vail. What you have within that range is Vail, Beaver Creek(and I'll throw in Bachelor Gulch and Arrowhead, all linked together with BC).

Lodging in the local area will probably be the biggest issue as Christmas week is prime time but you might be able to find accommodations for less than $250 a night depending on what you might be willing to accept.

For the party scene it's in Vail Village and to a lesser extent Lionshead. Beaver Creek and it's relatives is more for the family/older crowd and are fairly quiet after 8 pm.

The cheapest hotels in the area are in Eagle, but if one is out partying driving 35 miles back to the west on probably snowy and icy roads at night after drinking is probably not the best idea.

I'd look on VRBO for condo rentals or check with local property management agencies. Most of the hotels are higher end and you'd have to search on your own for deals to come under $250 a night.

What is there to do? Skiing, skiing and skiing, drink, eat, sleep.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:27 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,060,634 times
The Roost in Vail will probably but under the $250 mark. It's on the free bus route, so you can party and just hop the bus back to the room. Cheap Vail Hotels | Roost Lodge Vail Colorado

Old 12-14-2010, 07:40 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,814,391 times
I looked at the The Wren at Vail for myself around that time frame. They quoted me a $285 nightly special, but that was last week. Sure it's a little more than you want to spend and that room rate may no longer be available but the place is due East of Bridge Street area and close to main lifts. I have stayed everywhere from the Raquet Club in East Vail to the Charters in Beaver Creek over the years. I have found the best deals for the area at Wren. Check out http://www.theclubvail.com/ for some decent music and nightlife.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:13 PM

Not bad, I will have to make some calls tomorrow.

A friend suggested to give up on the Vail area, even though it is very nice, they just thought it was too much money. They suggested checking out Breckenridge...

Any thoughts?

Old 12-15-2010, 08:28 AM

Breck is a great town, you can probably stay in Frisco for your budget. I believe there is a free bus system there too. Your ski pass for Breck will also allow you to ski Vail, should you decide to play there for the day. If you do stay in Breck, check the cotrip.org site for the road conditions, Vail Pass does shut down if the weather is really bad.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:38 AM

So far I have found that the Vail Cascade Resort will give our company a fair price within budget.

Any thoughts on this?

thanks again for the help..

Old 12-15-2010, 12:06 PM

Here's a Trip Advisor link to the Cascade:
Vail Cascade Resort & Spa (Vail, CO) - Resort Reviews - TripAdvisor
Seems like some people have gotten really great prices on Priceline and Hotwire. I didn't even think of suggesting that, but it's worth a try if you're comfortable with that kind of thing.

Old 12-15-2010, 02:18 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by extra300 View Post
So far I have found that the Vail Cascade Resort will give our company a fair price within budget.

Any thoughts on this?

thanks again for the help..
At one time until recently one of the most popular, busy hotels in Vail due to a big focus on corporate meetings, but now in the shade due to it's location and all the new construction in Vail Village and Lionshead. Not too bad overall, you could do a lot worse. They usually run a shuttle to the village at nights.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:16 PM

24 posts, read 40,915 times
Ski Vail - one ski resort destinations in Vail that offers three distinct areas of the mountain including three terrain parks, seven bowls and miles of free ride terrain,restaurants and spa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado