Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 06:48 PM

346 posts, read 1,566,764 times

Advertisements

Oh yeah, and when somebody calls you a Coloradoan, you say it's COLORADAN--the "Coloradoan" is just a newspaper in Fort Collins that doesn't know how to spell! After all, we don't call people from Mexico "Mexicoans," now do we?[/quote]

So we drop the "O" in Colorado. What then do we call someone from either Ohio or Idaho? Just wondering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2007, 08:07 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,476,427 times
Last time I checked Idaho and Ohio weren't Spanish names.

Old 04-27-2007, 08:55 PM

50 posts, read 222,373 times
I think I've heard Ohian beore, but not Idahan (lol).

Old 04-28-2007, 11:48 AM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Being from Baltimore....I'm a Baltimoron....

Old 04-28-2007, 12:31 PM

40 posts, read 217,457 times
you are so funny Mike! lol...

much love and aloha from the Hawaiian (but always a Coloradan through and through

Old 05-04-2007, 07:54 PM

1 posts, read 3,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
. . . you are "moving in" on a pretty (blonde) female tourist at the bar, and--reading the appetizer menu on the wall--she asks you what body of water the Rocky Mountain Oysters come from. You proceed to spill your beer all over her Chic jeans and fall off of the bar stool onto the floor--smashing your Copenhagen tin in your back pocket of your Wranglers--because you are laughing so hard. She doesn't think it's a funny question . . .

Oh yeah, and when somebody calls you a Coloradoan, you say it's COLORADAN--the "Coloradoan" is just a newspaper in Fort Collins that doesn't know how to spell! After all, we don't call people from Mexico "Mexicoans," now do we?
Jazzlover, do I know you? Thank you for letting me know there are others of us out there. I appreciate your opinions and the information you are willing to share with those who are so recently Coloradans. I lost my home town < Boulder > during the early '60s when I left to follow my new husband on his military obligation. When we returned from an even smaller N. Michigan village in 3 1/2 years, my home was unrecognizable, and all the " local rules" and expectations were changed. The new people actually had the hubris to HONK if you didnt turn through the oncoming traffic, and other big-city irrationalities. Things like no longer waiting at the corner to cross, having been taught that cars were bigger than we were, and it was only smart to let them go past first. I remember being extrememly upset < being polite > as I noticed our state and local governments seemed to be bleeding to death and more and more liberals were appearing in those formerly respected positions. And no, pot is not legal, fool. When did the overwhelming motto for Colorado become...SELL COLORADO ! I still have times when I feel yes, Colorado is being sold...sold right down the river, and our Agriculture and Western lifestyle with it. I prefer to be on a positive note, but sometimes ...neutral is the best I can manage; I miss my home state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado