Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 01:26 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,132,082 times

Advertisements

Did you buy this property in addition to the San Luis Valley property you posted about earlier this year?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/42856306-post24.html
Quote:
I'm one of those freaks that bought the 5 acre SLV plots for 6k (we are going in Rio Grande Ranchos right near the NM border). One lot in particular had more sand, and tiny low growing plants and we chose that one, many of the ones we saw were covered in large sagebrushes 3' tall. Im glad we visited and chose instead of buying online for that reason.

As a farming family business we have bought a lot of properties with potential to grow crops, this isnt one of them however. We do want to put a greenhouse on the land and camp in a trailer temporarily when the Iowa summers are way too intense, we visited a lot of the area properties and absolutely fell in love with just tha one location. It has the most beautiful 360 mountain views either of us had ever seen in the entirety of CO. We met a few cool neighbors driving down the dusty roads who stopped to talk to us with kind encouraging words, they told us about water deliveries to your door in the area for $30 per month and, they even said the large water jugs had unlimited refills so they're good for showers too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2016, 05:52 PM

462 posts, read 1,173,028 times
They are trying to ban camping on your property in the San Luis Valley:

In Costilla County, Tempers Flare In A Fight Over How To Live | CPR

If you want to continue to enjoy the privilege of using your own land, probably best to get involved with your neighbors.

Old 05-05-2016, 07:13 PM

4 posts, read 11,998 times
Default Illegal to Camp on Your Own Property in Park County

NIMBYs, consultants, NGOs and public officials are probably about to make camping for people on their own properties essentially illegal in Park County, Colorado (near Fairplay, Hartsel, Bailey, Guffey, Lake George, Como, etc.). ...or so difficult, invasive and expensive as to keep property owners from trying it.

http://www.parkco.us/DocumentCenter/View/2601

The final decision as to whether or not to include parcels zoned R-35, R-20 (many of them over 35 acres with no nearby neighbors) and Mining is said to be on May 12, 2016 (in a few days).

http://www.parkco.us/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/05122016-448

Engineering by CO licensed engineers is required for septic systems and buildings. An impact fee is required before getting a building permit by the fire dept in the area belonging to the Hartsel fire dept (vast area). There are other fees for septic and building permits.

http://www.parkco.us/

Also, see the information about marijuana businesses.

Last edited by desolation; 05-05-2016 at 07:47 PM.. Reason: Learning about tags. :-(

Old 05-05-2016, 08:00 PM

4 posts, read 11,998 times
Default Re. Robert Dear, the Planned Parenthood shooter in Park County

Robert Dear has a degree in public administration.

Planned Parenthood suspect’s ex-wife: ‘We’re living it just as everyone else is’
The Post and Courier
By Christina Elmore and Melissa Boughton
http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20151128/PC1603/151129356

Last edited by desolation; 05-05-2016 at 08:03 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 05-10-2016, 04:24 PM

23 posts, read 32,752 times
bump (you cant troll me)

bump

Old 05-10-2016, 04:27 PM

would like to add that i got 5.4 acres next to the lot in the pics not that exact lot for less that 12k which is quite good for land, considering my farm in iowa has not stopped raining in over 16 months, thank you to the haters naysayers and trolls of the world you make it go around, and so do i, the lonely dreamer with dreams you can not comprehend.

Old 05-10-2016, 04:31 PM

que media references which i dont know about because i give literally zero ****s

Old 05-10-2016, 05:36 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,660,633 times
Kylissa, I wish you good luck. Too bad you came asking for help from people who live in the area and when we gave you our honest opinions and tried to be helpful, you got mad. I guess you didn't notice that I even offered to physically check the property for you.

I have no idea why you brought up all the rain you've been getting in Iowa. That's a completely different clime in a state nowhere near Colorado. Go ahead and keep dreaming your pipe dream. I dare you to come back and update us after you've been living on the property for a couple of months.

Last edited by Dreaming of Hawaii; 05-10-2016 at 05:47 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 05-11-2016, 01:40 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,931,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylissa View Post
would like to add that i got 5.4 acres next to the lot in the pics not that exact lot for less that 12k which is quite good for land, considering my farm in iowa has not stopped raining in over 16 months, thank you to the haters naysayers and trolls of the world you make it go around, and so do i, the lonely dreamer with dreams you can not comprehend.
You nailed us! Most Coloradans (especially native ones) have a very hard time visualizing living in a place where it has not stopped raining for 16 months. Sounds like the Amazon rain forest to me, not the SLV. On a brighter note, we had 15 minutes of rain showers this afternoon where I live on what is called the "Great Sage Plain" in the arid Four Corners. If this can happen once, I bet it can happen again for 15 minutes this coming July. Always dare to dream. Prices may even go down in Denver some day!

Old 05-11-2016, 12:30 PM

8,489 posts, read 8,771,754 times
High altitude gardening links colorado high altitude greenhouse - Google Search

And / or I believe Sunspirit (the first poster to respond) has experience with high altitude greenhouses. Might get useful info, if you work it. Or others could.

Last edited by NW Crow; 05-11-2016 at 01:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado