U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-13-2016, 08:58 AM
 
Location: In The Thin Air
12,255 posts, read 8,040,413 times
Reputation: 8908

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostintheMatrix View Post
Is that really the sentiment in CO now? The reason I ask is that My wife and I have been planning to celebrate our 10th anniversary in Colorado, specifically COS and Manitou. This is something we've planned for a while and have amassed quite the budget for recreational activities. We tend to tip very well for services and was hoping to spread some cheer around during our celebration, but I'm now wondering if we won't get as warm a welcome from the locals as I would expect. I mean I'm sure we'll be greeted with a smile but will we get the middle finger as soon as we turn around? I wouldn't want to come dump a couple G's into your community and it be unappreciated.
I don't think you will have any of this in COS and Manitou. Denver is the hot spot for this type of attitude and mainly in the city itself. Even then you would be treated quite well in Denver. Please come and visit our beautiful state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-13-2016, 09:11 AM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
3,053 posts, read 2,081,073 times
Reputation: 3540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
I would prefer more rational thinking, because I don't drink. However, I have friends who do, and other friends who don't, but they have no problems going to a bar together, because the non-drinkers can drink Coke or water. But then there are types like myself, who is not really comfortable in a bar. That is, until I found myself in one in Amsterdam. There, I was able to relax because I was able to partake in the one substance that helps me relax in social settings like that.

There is a slight flaw to this. One can go to an alcohol bar and not partake and maintain their soberness absolutely. However, being in a smoking lounge, you will be breathing cannabis even if you chose not to partake and you will then have measurable traces in your system that may or may not be sufficient to influence the person.

Still doesn't address why one wouldn't be able to partake of both in a single establishment, but if bars have the option of presenting both substances, there could be impacts positive and negative based on clientele. I'm sure there are people out there who may work at places that conduct random drug checks and may not want to risk a positive because the bar they frequent serves both. Currently one can chose one or the other. Open up weed to liquor establishments, and it could alter things quite a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2016, 09:12 AM
 
Location: In The Thin Air
12,255 posts, read 8,040,413 times
Reputation: 8908
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
There is a slight flaw to this. One can go to an alcohol bar and not partake and maintain their soberness absolutely. However, being in a smoking lounge, you will be breathing cannabis even if you chose not to partake and you will then have measurable traces in your system that may or may not be sufficient to influence the person.

Still doesn't address why one wouldn't be able to partake of both in a single establishment, but if bars have the option of presenting both substances, there could be impacts positive and negative based on clientele. I'm sure there are people out there who may work at places that conduct random drug checks and may not want to risk a positive because the bar they frequent serves both. Currently one can chose one or the other. Open up weed to liquor establishments, and it could alter things quite a bit.
I completely forgot about that piece of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2016, 03:28 PM
 
1,059 posts, read 1,635,241 times
Reputation: 1928
Here in Durango, there are at least two establishments (bars) that I know of that allow smoking cannabis on their outdoor patios in the rear of the buildings as long as you're buying drinks.

I won't out them though because I'd hate to have them be forced to stop allowing it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2016, 10:47 PM
 
Location: Piedmont, Okla.
632 posts, read 1,455,900 times
Reputation: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
I think it's just a matter of time before we see a Constitutional Amendment overturning Amendment 64. You already have 25 states and D.C. that have legalized Medical and 4 states that have legalized recreational. California and Nevada is set to legalize recreational this November. You also have about 6 other states with some form of Cannabis law on the ballot this year including Arizona with recreational. I have a good feeling about Arizona with California and Nevada being an almost sure thing. That is half your border states allowing recreational. I think that would put a lot of pressure on New Mexico the following year to try for recreational. Texas is going to be the hold out for recreational for a while but I can see medical in 2-3 years. It's a slow movement but it's happening.
I live in Oklahoma and it will be a cold day in hell when they legalize it here for recreational use; I'm not even holding my breath for it to be legalized for medical use. Based on what I hear, our governor is on the fence for medical reasons .. says it doesn't represent "Oklahoma values".

I'll tell you this.. if by some crazy chance Trump does become president.. don't be surprised if he enforces the federal law. He's not for it at all. Hilary Clinton on the other hand says it should be up to the states and should be at least decriminalized nation wide. Time will tell how this evolves. My guess...it will be a long uphill battle for full legalization across the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2016, 06:37 AM
 
3,144 posts, read 876,326 times
Reputation: 2465
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyinyourradio View Post
I live in Oklahoma and it will be a cold day in hell when they legalize it here for recreational use; I'm not even holding my breath for it to be legalized for medical use. Based on what I hear, our governor is on the fence for medical reasons .. says it doesn't represent "Oklahoma values".

I'll tell you this.. if by some crazy chance Trump does become president.. don't be surprised if he enforces the federal law. He's not for it at all. Hilary Clinton on the other hand says it should be up to the states and should be at least decriminalized nation wide. Time will tell how this evolves. My guess...it will be a long uphill battle for full legalization across the country.
I am not very political, but I have a friend who is, and he is also a huge Trump fan. He knows all of Trump's ins and outs, and according to him Trump believes the decision of legality should be left up to the individual states.

I agree Oklahoma will be among the last states to legalize, just like they were with alcohol, but eventually it will happen. In less than 20 years, is my wild guess.

One thing to keep in mind is that the only age group that still believes it should be illegal is the over 65 crowd. That makes the majority of Americans for legalization, and politicians line their beliefs up with what voters want, or they don't get to stay in office.

I do predict, though, that no matter how smoothly legalization continues to spread, there is no politician anywhere that will say "I was wrong".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2016, 09:53 PM
 
Location: Rust'n in Tustin
2,010 posts, read 2,312,209 times
Reputation: 3492
Four guys standing around drinking beer, is a fist fight waiting to happen.

Four guys standing around smoking weed, is a Dominos run waiting to happen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2016, 06:58 AM
 
3,144 posts, read 876,326 times
Reputation: 2465
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
Four guys standing around drinking beer, is a fist fight waiting to happen.

Four guys standing around smoking weed, is a Dominos run waiting to happen
From my personal experience (I witnessed this myself), one night I saw a group of 3 or 4 guys on a street corner in downtown Amsterdam. When a little old lady walked past, one of the guys stopped the little party long enough to help the old lady across the street, then returned to his friends.

These guys weren't drinking alcohol at that street corner, like their American counterparts do. If you are a little old lady, I don't recommend trying this in an American city at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2016, 08:06 AM
 
242 posts, read 286,085 times
Reputation: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
So, that is simply a long way of saying that I would like to enjoy the atmosphere and the freedom felt when visiting an establishment where RESPONSIBLE ADULTS can partake (or not) in both plant based and liquid based refreshment, without having to travel to Amsterdam to do it.
Maybe things have changed there in the 10 years since I last visited raddo...but my memory of A-Dam was that weed was served in coffee/juice bar-type establishments only and alcohol was served in the bar only. At that time (2007), the 2 were not combined activities. You'd walk by a coffee shop and never know it was there other than a whiff of pot. and then you'd walk by the bar and it sounded like a War inside...boisterous and typical "alcohol" fueled behaviors....

Did they change this?

Either way....Colorado needs to follow suit and allow coffee shops here as well. (Keep the alcohol elsewhere).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2016, 11:14 PM
 
646 posts, read 781,282 times
Reputation: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurangoJoe View Post
Here in Durango, there are at least two establishments (bars) that I know of that allow smoking cannabis on their outdoor patios in the rear of the buildings as long as you're buying drinks.

I won't out them though because I'd hate to have them be forced to stop allowing it.


That's good to hear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:07 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top