Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2007, 09:45 AM

1 posts, read 3,567 times

Advertisements

Love it
www.myspace.com/dirtyfingersband
'Colorado Way'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2007, 03:45 PM

431 posts, read 2,794,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Way View Post
Love it
www.myspace.com/dirtyfingersband
'Colorado Way'
I listened but it really is not my type of music. John Denver's "Rocky Mountain High" has recently been excepted as a second Colorado song. That I love. More to my taste in everyway.

Old 06-10-2007, 08:41 PM

346 posts, read 1,566,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
I listened but it really is not my type of music. John Denver's "Rocky Mountain High" has recently been excepted as a second Colorado song. That I love. More to my taste in everyway.
Excepted or accepted?

Old 06-11-2007, 06:46 AM

431 posts, read 2,794,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebagirl View Post
Excepted or accepted?
Accepted Well anyhow------it was.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:05 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,478,878 times
Of course, the "official" Colorado song is the relatively obscure "Where the Columbines Grow," which is seldom heard. "Rocky Mountain High" became sort of a schizophrenic Colorado anthem in the 1970's--it both decried the (already then) out-of-control growth in Colorado, while thousands who heard the song decided that they just HAD to live in Colorado.

"America the Beautiful" by Katherine Lee Bates was inspired in part by the view from the top of Pikes Peak--back before most of the "fruit" on the fruited plain was the sprawling suburbia of Colorado Springs.

Another lesser known Colorado anthem is John Denver's "I Guess He'd Rather Be in Colorado" that, in my opinion, was performed with much more feeling and emotion by Merle Haggard as part of the soundtrack of the mini-series of James Michener's "Centennial," which--in its final installment--decried the destruction in Colorado by sprawl and growth.

Finally, my personal favorite Colorado song is "Colorado, My Home," which is part of the score of "The Unsinkable Molly Brown." In my opinion, it should be the official (and only) state song. It speaks strongly to the heart of anyone who has lived in Colorado and loves its natural beauty.

Last edited by jazzlover; 06-11-2007 at 12:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of: