Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 08:14 PM

6 posts, read 25,245 times

Advertisements

thinking about moving to colorado springs, denver, boulder, or aurora but cant decide. any comments or advice that will help me figure out what place is best for me i wld like to knw im from fresno ca and looking for a change

Last edited by Mike from back east; 01-26-2012 at 10:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 08:57 PM

724 posts, read 1,925,904 times
Without knowing a lot more about you, it would be hard to offer any suggestions. You might want to mention what you're looking for, where you might work, why Colorado, do you want to rent or own, what are your goals in moving - that sort of thing will get you more answers. Have you been out in Colorado before?

Old 01-26-2012, 09:14 PM

No i havent looking for good town to live in not to sure if i want to live right in the city i wld like to live somwhere a lil smaller. i use to live in salt lake city utah i wld like to live somewhere similar to that love the winter weather.. somewhere were theres many activities to do not a borning town.. and different colleges that i can pick from..the reason why i picked colorado is i have a friend that lives in pueblo colorado but when i researched the town it seemed to small for me not a lot going on there

Last edited by nellylopez; 01-26-2012 at 09:24 PM..

Old 01-26-2012, 09:25 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,038,385 times
What do you do for a living?
What do you not like about Fresno?
How large of a city do you want to live in?
What kind of neighborhood? suburb? rural? urban?
Are you single? married? have kids? how old?
Are you conservative or liberal?
What do you like to do?

Old 01-26-2012, 09:35 PM

*right now im a full time student working on my MA in geology.
*hate the heat in the summer, not a lot of activities to do here (borning town), no jobs and crime is very bad over here
* somwhere in the middle..not a very small town
*looking for more suburb
* have a husband that works as a welder and a son thats 5months

Old 01-26-2012, 09:45 PM

6,802 posts, read 10,437,008 times
If you really want the mid-size city, Colo. Spgs. is the way to go - Denver and Aurora are basically part of one huge metropolis. Geology - lots of fantastic Geology to observe, especially in the Springs. If you like outdoor activities, lots to do in the Springs. If you want more city-type activities, you probably want Denver.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:46 PM

Do you go to school on-line or do you need to be near a particular school?

In one of your other posts I think I read that you thought Pueblo was too small and boring, but that you want to live in a smallish town. Smallish towns aren't going to have a lot going on. You could live in a smaller town like Castle Rock or Parker, and still drive to Denver for things to do.

Colorado Springs is too conservative for my taste. That might be the only area along the front range where I wouldn't live. Depending on your answer about needing to be near a school, I think your husband should find a job, and you should base where you live on that.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:39 PM

right now im looking at colleges...when i looked at reviews of colorado springs a lot of people said the same thing thats why i wanted to knw if there are any other towns that wld be good to live in close to denver

Old 01-26-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellylopez View Post
right now im looking at colleges...when i looked at reviews of colorado springs a lot of people said the same thing thats why i wanted to knw if there are any other towns that wld be good to live in close to denver
Hard to say if you'd like Denver, or if you'd feel it is too big. There are some suburbs with their own identity, like Littleton. Others feel like an urban sprawl extension of Denver, like Centennial. Personally, I like the Denver suburbs. I like living near a relatively large city with lots to do.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:31 PM

236 posts, read 477,622 times
from Cali? go to Boulder...

a short visit will determine that for you.

Last edited by Cosmic Artifact; 01-27-2012 at 12:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado