Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2014, 08:20 PM

117 posts, read 183,928 times

Advertisements

I know Marriott just remodeled and obviously The Hub project is still ongoing and I've seen pictures of The Hub on their website but my question is who is responsible for the glassed entry way on Main? Are there plans to at least replace/update that glassed area? Marriott seems finished and The Hub never really include that area in their marketing but it would seem with the millions being spent they would address one of the major street-level curb appeal features of the building. Anyone in the know? Maybe its common knowledge but I can't seem to find anything. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 05:19 AM

12,923 posts, read 18,770,297 times
I've just heard to expect retail of some sort of service to follow. That could mean anything from a little convenience store to ice cream to anything. With 850 people living overhead I can't imagine it will remain dead space.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:21 AM

117 posts, read 183,928 times
Thanks, I'm speaking of the actual glass entryway into the lobby and restaraunt and accesses stairway to the Hub and has glass ceiling that connects the two buildings... It would improve street scape if it were replaced or even somehow more sufficiently cleaned as it has looked foggy and dated for years... With the millions in Reno I would expect/hope something would be done with it

Old 02-19-2014, 09:13 AM

110 posts, read 140,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonatco View Post
Thanks, I'm speaking of the actual glass entryway into the lobby and restaraunt and accesses stairway to the Hub and has glass ceiling that connects the two buildings... It would improve street scape if it were replaced or even somehow more sufficiently cleaned as it has looked foggy and dated for years... With the millions in Reno I would expect/hope something would be done with it
Most of the glassfront along Main is actually connected to the Hub building. I am sure that all of it will be at least cleaned, if not redone, after the bulk of the construction is done. No need at all to do it right now.

Nest, a local gift store, just opened in the lobby of the Marriott and has an entry off of Main as well with new doors and windows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area