Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 01:44 AM

2,133 posts, read 2,283,907 times

Advertisements

I was at Segra Park earlier tonight and was talking to a woman that lives at Sola Station. I asked her how she liked it and she said while it’s a bit pricey, she loves it. I asked about the retail and why they haven’t been filling the bottom space and she said it’s two things. First, Sola Station is only at 40%-45% occupancy rate. Also, she said there’s issues with connectivity to the Canal Side park and it’s relative obscurity from people driving in and out of Columbia. Oddly enough, 3 days ago I was at Canal Side and decided to check out Sola Station on foot; even then after I found it it seemed a bit hidden. It’s a shame because it’s so open and I could just envision droves of people there on any summer night.

Lastly, she said they received a questionnaire from the Sola Station property managers and they asked what would they like to see on the available bottom floors... People overwhelmingly chose a coffee shop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2019, 03:09 AM

37,904 posts, read 42,107,883 times
I'd imagine CanalSide will become more known as the greenway continues to expand over that way.

Old 06-23-2019, 06:52 PM

1,124 posts, read 933,062 times
Also, what in the heck ever happened to the “New City Flag?”

Old 06-24-2019, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonCoombes View Post
Also, what in the heck ever happened to the “New City Flag?”
Wow... Yeah, whatever did happen with that? Maybe they’re still counting the votes...

Old 07-03-2019, 09:11 AM

Methinks somebody keeps tabs on this subforum: https://www.postandcourier.com/free-...ac0cc6027.html

Old 07-03-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Methinks somebody keeps tabs on this subforum: https://www.postandcourier.com/free-...ac0cc6027.html
Lol Good find. Sad thing is, Andy could have kept writing...

What about the building high rises above parking garages idea? I recall Mayor Benjamin talking about this at his annual address to the city like 4 or 5 years ago. Or more specifically, he stated in the near future that we should expect to see more high rises in the city. I can’t recall verbatim if that’s how he said it, but something similar to that.

Old 07-03-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgn View Post

What about the building high rises above parking garages idea? I recall Mayor Benjamin talking about this at his annual address to the city like 4 or 5 years ago. Or more specifically, he stated in the near future that we should expect to see more high rises in the city. I can’t recall verbatim if that’s how he said it, but something similar to that.
He should have included Innovista. It just fell by the wayside after the IBM building and the one across from the arena got built.

Old 07-03-2019, 07:48 PM

1,124 posts, read 933,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
It’s actually me writing the stories. Haha. Jk.

Old 07-08-2019, 05:17 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,968,140 times
Lack of funding?

Old 07-09-2019, 08:52 AM

8,265 posts, read 13,425,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgn View Post

Its good that the City trying to have some form of vision.. whether or not it is cohesive and feasible is another story....Not sure why the Mayor has to shoulder all of these ideas.. There are other Council reps not to mention City Staff (and likely Convention and Visitors Bureau) folks that should be a part of it and likely even leading it.. The floatilla idea is interesting from an enviro tourism perspective.. Better yet are actual small boats able to travel to Charleston from Columbia? I'm something with a half a dozen rooms or so.. that could take you down there you stay a few days and take a tour bus back all offered by the tour company? seems like it could be a nice package.. the article says the floatilla would take a couple days.. not sure if that would be popular or not versus just one day....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area