Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 07:48 AM

8,227 posts, read 13,345,033 times

Advertisements

This guy does these videos about a tons of cities and they are both loved and hated depending on your perspective.. Columbia finally made it on his radar.. curious on people's reactions to his arguments.

Enjoy....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc7ovdaXiVM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 08:19 AM

744 posts, read 747,710 times
What's the old saying... "All publicity is good publicity..." Actually this guy has a pretty good business model of being antithetical. I consider it an honor, considering all the other videos he has done!

Old 07-19-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo06 View Post
What's the old saying... "All publicity is good publicity..." Actually this guy has a pretty good business model of being antithetical. I consider it an honor, considering all the other videos he has done!

The funny thing is the photos/drone footage and what not actually make Columbia look better as opposed to "not to move to" in the title.. He also is a little easier on Columbia than some of the other cities like say Jackson Miss.

Old 07-19-2019, 10:49 AM

2,130 posts, read 2,271,627 times
I thoroughly enjoyed it. A few small mistakes (Myrtle Beach being the closest beach) but he glossed over some interesting statistics. I do disagree with him about natural disasters here. We have earthquakes and I actually felt one we had a few days ago, but they’re all extremely minor. It’s funny but I had a conversation yesterday with someone about how we’re pretty safe as far as natural disasters go. Tornadoes being the worst.

And you’re right about the Jackson MS video. I watched that one and he’s pretty tough on them and the citizens of Jackson in the comments are comically in agreeance lol

Old 07-19-2019, 08:34 PM

1,152 posts, read 954,258 times
I love watching the world according to Briggs. I was the one who was suggesting him to make a video on Columbia. He finally did it. Even at the end of the video he said that Columbia is a great City. I'm so happy to hear that.

Old 07-19-2019, 09:43 PM

421 posts, read 573,745 times
Anyone ever watch the videos from the Columbian who uploads the videos of all the horrible Columbia drivers from his dashboard cam on YouTube?

Old 07-19-2019, 09:52 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,844,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsm76 View Post
Anyone ever watch the videos from the Columbian who uploads the videos of all the horrible Columbia drivers from his dashboard cam on YouTube?
Halomastermind117, Or bad drivers of Maryland, Or bad drivers of the palmetto state, Or USC Dashcam? Which one? There’s another one I can’t think of that’s out of ridgeway that’s always in Columbia.

Old 07-20-2019, 11:37 AM

12,889 posts, read 18,744,346 times
My best friend in DC since 1981 sent me this video. I refrained from posting it. He said, “This guy’s videos have so many inaccuracies” when I mentioned the closest beach and the Vista building he showed for the university’s oldest.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:29 AM

744 posts, read 747,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgn View Post
I thoroughly enjoyed it. A few small mistakes (Myrtle Beach being the closest beach) but he glossed over some interesting statistics. I do disagree with him about natural disasters here. We have earthquakes and I actually felt one we had a few days ago, but they’re all extremely minor. It’s funny but I had a conversation yesterday with someone about how we’re pretty safe as far as natural disasters go. Tornadoes being the worst.

And you’re right about the Jackson MS video. I watched that one and he’s pretty tough on them and the citizens of Jackson in the comments are comically in agreeance lol

I lol'd so hard when he said the closest beach was 3 hours away! The natural disaster thing was also very odd, considering the worst natural disaster in recent memory was the 2015 floods, which he didn't mention. Overall though he was pretty kind and supportive of Columbia.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestondata View Post
My best friend in DC since 1981 sent me this video. I refrained from posting it. He said, “This guy’s videos have so many inaccuracies” when I mentioned the closest beach and the Vista building he showed for the university’s oldest.

yeah.. it was noted that what he showed as Williams Brice was actually UGA's stadium...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area