Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2020, 07:43 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,427,778 times

Advertisements

It's sad and disappointing that the Networks give in to pressure from Political groups. I'll miss the show for sure. I got tired of Cops, which I watched for many years, so Live PD, was a new format of Cops, it was cool. I will just ignore these comments that say it shows police oppressing the public. That is funny, it is really simple- if you don't do anything to encounter the police, you will not encounter the police. Live a clean life, and you don't need to worry about things. Very simple.
Hope they don't take away Deputy Dawg!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2020, 07:50 AM

1,948 posts, read 1,513,658 times
It was an incredibly popular television show. I watched it many nights--and in reruns.

I was always amazed at the percentage of drivers they stopped that didn't have a driver's license.

It illustrates that a small percentage of the country have behavioral issues like Bipolar (ADHD), ODD, Borderline and OCD. Mix in a little meth, fentanyl and heroin and an entire community can be socially destroyed.

Old 06-14-2020, 08:44 AM

8,226 posts, read 13,342,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaman1 View Post
It was an incredibly popular television show. I watched it many nights--and in reruns.

I was always amazed at the percentage of drivers they stopped that didn't have a driver's license.

It illustrates that a small percentage of the country have behavioral issues like Bipolar (ADHD), ODD, Borderline and OCD. Mix in a little meth, fentanyl and heroin and an entire community can be socially destroyed.
What gets me is how many times there was a high speed someone jumps out the car and a foot chase ensues and the guy is wrestled down to the ground and the officer asks the proverbial question "why did you run?". I was shocked that so many said @my drivers license was suspended or I have a small amount of weed in my car or I was scared @ to the extent that there was an on air follow up many either did not have any major issues on their record or may have been pulled by the police before for the same said issue again.

Something that may have resulted in a ticket or fine now has that on top of some type of felony evading charge. I get it you can get a traffic fine you can't afford to pay and your license get suspended but you still have to drive to go to work take the kids to school etc ...but I just don't know how fleeing police is going to make that go away. I mean in Richland Cty how many people have fled police and have managed to avoid custody ? I guess alot which is why people so it .....smh

Old 06-14-2020, 08:58 AM

8,226 posts, read 13,342,429 times
I used to dismiss the @ I was scared@ as I was scared of getting caught. There was a video that popped up inon my Instagram page that showed a white female officer patrolling a park. She came across a young African American girl who immediately put up her hands and pleaded not to be shot ...the officer I tears kneeled down and had a heartfelt conversation with the girl that resulted in an touching embrace ..but it make me wonder how some of this is being interpreted by kids. Back on the day kids used to gleefully play cops and robbers and use their fingers as guns and some police would mock being shot or finger shoot back. .....those days are loooong gone now

Old 06-15-2020, 05:26 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,441,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity2019 View Post
It's sad and disappointing that the Networks give in to pressure from Political groups. I'll miss the show for sure. I got tired of Cops, which I watched for many years, so Live PD, was a new format of Cops, it was cool. I will just ignore these comments that say it shows police oppressing the public.
No "political groups" told Paramount and A&E to take Cops and Live PD off the air. They did it on their own.

Quote:
That is funny, it is really simple- if you don't do anything to encounter the police, you will not encounter the police. Live a clean life, and you don't need to worry about things. Very simple.
This has been proven wrong, multiple times.

Old 06-17-2020, 12:06 PM

1,149 posts, read 934,016 times
Here's to cancel culture. How about like anything on TV, if you don't like it, DON'T WATCH IT!

Old 06-18-2020, 07:51 AM

1,884 posts, read 3,445,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Growingup15 View Post
Good I'm glad it's going away. I'm tired of seeing shows glorifying police oppressing the general Public.
Same here, although it was OK to watch on my end on occasion, they would show crazy stuff going on near where we used to live (Forest Acres).

That said, I wanted "COPS" to go away many years ago. The glorification of rights violations (among other things) made me sick, the show was unwatchable for me.

Old 06-19-2020, 08:44 PM

6,417 posts, read 1,427,778 times
I still disappointed it's off the air, as A&E and Paramount caved to racist minority groups such as Black Lives Matter and others. I will repeat to the person above if you don't want to encounter the police don't do anything to encounter the police, and i'll add comply when they tell you to do something. No problems with the Po-lice if you live this simple clean life.

Old 06-19-2020, 09:16 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,036,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
No "political groups" told Paramount and A&E to take Cops and Live PD off the air. They did it on their own.

This has been proven wrong, multiple times.
One of the biggest problems police encounter is resisting arrest. Live PD really showed the reality of this.

Old 06-19-2020, 10:38 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,441,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
One of the biggest problems police encounter is resisting arrest. Live PD really showed the reality of this.
What does that have to do with what I said? I watched a few episodes of Live PD too, I've seen it. Like I said, and like Serenity above chooses to ignore because they just want to be hyper right wing partisan: nobody forced Live PD to go off the air. BLM, no one, called for it. A&E did it on their own, which they're allowed to do, it's their show. Shows get cancelled every season. Life goes on.

Chicago PD is still here and it's been renewed for another 3 seasons. Rejoice.

Quote:
I still disappointed it's off the air, as A&E and Paramount caved to racist minority groups such as Black Lives Matter and others. I will repeat to the person above if you don't want to encounter the police don't do anything to encounter the police, and i'll add comply when they tell you to do something. No problems with the Po-lice if you live this simple clean life.
Tell that Breonna Taylor, Atatiana Jefferson, Philando Castile, Tamir Rice, Anthony Hill, David McAtee, James Scurlock, Justin Howell...must be nice having privilege. I saw a video of a naked white triple murder suspect who chased the cop around and then choked out another man, and then assaulted the cop, and then was allowed to flee until he was eventually caught. Did I mention that he was a triple murder suspect?

If what youre saying is true....then how are there a "few bad apples?" If these "bad apples" aren't bothering innocent people who did nothing wrong, then who are they bothering? Stray cats? Squirrels? Is it a fairy tale? When police were encountering protesters, they were supposed to shoot rubber bullet down at the ground and at a distance, but I recall many instances where they violated those protocols and were caught shooting people in the face at close range unprovoked. Let me guess, the protestors deserved it because they were...protesting. Yeah?

Get a grip and turn off OANN, Fox, and certain folks' Twitter, and try to see a new perspective for once, rather than the perspective your hyper partisan cable buddies tell you see. It's sad really, to be so warped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area