Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2010, 03:21 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,648,695 times

Advertisements

Major Retail Development Planned

The development has a preliminary master plan that includes more amenities than the county has ever seen – a 480,000-square foot outlet mall proposed to be on the scale of Tanger Outlet centers in Locust Grove and Commerce, a 348-unit apartment complex, two hotels, restaurants, a medical park and a big-box power center. The development tentatively is named LaGrange Towncenter.

The project is being done by Selig out of Atlanta.

The project includes plenty of green space – parks, an outside amphitheater and more than 55 acres of designated wetlands. All shopping within the site would be within walking distance, alongside designated walking trails that wind through the property.

Officials with the project began talks about it more than three years ago due to the coming of Kia Motors to West Point and the Georgia Tech strategic plan which began in 2009.

Developers plan on beginning as soon as possible. The 10-year project is set to have 300,000 to 500,000 square feet of retail space completed in the first five years, and 600,000 to 700,000 square feet the next five years.

Financially, they plan on the full development generating about $410 million annually, along with generating 1,200 full-time jobs and 570 part-time jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 08:00 PM

594 posts, read 3,436,361 times
great news for harris county and troup counties.Once this project is completed would you be able to see bits and pieces of the outlet mall from I185 going down to columbus or is it going to be to far toward I85.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:49 AM

7 posts, read 11,311 times
They cannot be serious about spending this kind of money anywhere south of Newnan even with Kia as Lagrange/lanett/west point/valley area are nearly dead on the vine economically with a mall and countless other businesses closing over the years.Most Kia jobs went to folks that travel from Atl area to and from work and do not even live in the area.Even Auburn/Opelika had an outlet mall that went broke even during the good years and was right off of I85!!If anything it will definitely be bad news for Columbus choking off more money as I185 is a dead end and offers little more than a cash cow for speeding tickets.Selig definitely bought into a bad bill of goods.....better them than me!!

Old 11-17-2010, 07:48 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,648,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam 5 View Post
great news for harris county and troup counties.Once this project is completed would you be able to see bits and pieces of the outlet mall from I185 going down to columbus or is it going to be to far toward I85.
Not sure I will have to look at the site plan.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:36 AM

594 posts, read 3,436,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle1970 View Post
They cannot be serious about spending this kind of money anywhere south of Newnan even with Kia as Lagrange/lanett/west point/valley area are nearly dead on the vine economically with a mall and countless other businesses closing over the years.Most Kia jobs went to folks that travel from Atl area to and from work and do not even live in the area.Even Auburn/Opelika had an outlet mall that went broke even during the good years and was right off of I85!!If anything it will definitely be bad news for Columbus choking off more money as I185 is a dead end and offers little more than a cash cow for speeding tickets.Selig definitely bought into a bad bill of goods.....better them than me!!

southernbelle we need some type of developement down I185 going toward columbusl we need something to brighten sections of the I185 corridor its to rural right now with so many trees and very boring while riding down the corridor and its really scary at night riding down it because its so rural and dark and theres nothing around.It would be so great for a change if they a least could build a hotel or a small shopping center or something off of I185 maybe in harris or troup counties.It would be a lot more exciting riding down I185 and seeing a hotel or some type of developement instead of just looking at the same boring pine trees while traveling down I185.I wonder if any type of developement is ever going to come to I185 because it seems like everytime you turn around you always here about the developement happening off of I85 instead of I185 I guess because I185 is a dead end interstate and thats probably one of the main reasons why know one wants to develeopement anything off of I185.Or it could be that maybe I185 has a ordinance placed on it that they do not allow developement on certain sections or areas of I185. I hope this isn't the case because we need some sort of developement on I185.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA