Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 10:06 PM

17 posts, read 27,416 times

Advertisements

What are your thoughts about another mexican restaurant in Columbus? We will be moving to Columbus or Newnan. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 12:34 AM

4 posts, read 4,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thompson10 View Post
What are your thoughts about another mexican restaurant in Columbus? We will be moving to Columbus or Newnan. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Any new investment in the community is always appreciated. Columbus is both fortunate & unfortunate when it comes to its current local Mexican cuisine. Columbus has numerous Mexican restaurants which has garnered good competition causing prices to stay fairly low. This has caused Columbus to come accustomed to the 200+ seat Mexican restaurant with an almost 200 item menu. I believe that if a restaurant that provides a good experience along with “good Mexican cuisine” were to open up, then a little higher ticket price would be accepted.

Midtown (Wynnton Road) has been an area of town that has supported good Mexican cuisine. However, due to poor business leadership, midtown has not been able to see a good Mexican restaurant stabilize for longer than 5 years. If a good restaurant with good leadership were to come to Midtown, then I believe the population would support it.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:32 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,645,897 times
Quote:
I think that it would do great. Especially if it was different than the current options. Wish we could get a La Parrilla here!

Old 08-17-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
I think that it would do great. Especially if it was different than the current options. Wish we could get a La Parrilla here!
What do you like about that Restaurant? Also is there anything that you have not found in the mexican restaurants that you would like to see?I have only eaten at El Vaquero. We will have a cajun flare to our menu. One example, Crabcake tacos. I have noticed quite some difference in the mexican food in Georgia then what we are use to. So that is a concern of mine. We are very popular where we are but because my job position we are forced to locate.
I also posted a blog about Relocating to Columbus Last night any info would be amazing!! I really appreciate it!!

Old 08-17-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG1981 View Post
Any new investment in the community is always appreciated. Columbus is both fortunate & unfortunate when it comes to its current local Mexican cuisine. Columbus has numerous Mexican restaurants which has garnered good competition causing prices to stay fairly low. This has caused Columbus to come accustomed to the 200+ seat Mexican restaurant with an almost 200 item menu. I believe that if a restaurant that provides a good experience along with “good Mexican cuisine” were to open up, then a little higher ticket price would be accepted.

Midtown (Wynnton Road) has been an area of town that has supported good Mexican cuisine. However, due to poor business leadership, midtown has not been able to see a good Mexican restaurant stabilize for longer than 5 years. If a good restaurant with good leadership were to come to Midtown, then I believe the population would support it.
Thank you for the info! Our concept is smaller menu with a higher quality. I have no doubt that when it comes to customer service people will love us. My husband goes beyond to accomidate his customers. Our food has a little more kick and flavor then we have noticed from other Mexican Restaurants in the Columbus area. That has us excited and worried at the same time!!
Do you find that only big chain restaurants are supported?
Would an upscale counter service to well due to the economy, No tipping
I will look into the midtown area. I am only familiar with the target area and Columbus Crossing.
Is there any other cities close by that are in need of a Mexican restaurant?
Thank you again!!

Old 08-17-2011, 10:32 PM

4 posts, read 4,636 times
Quote:
Thank you for the info! Our concept is smaller menu with a higher quality. I have no doubt that when it comes to customer service people will love us. My husband goes beyond to accomidate his customers. Our food has a little more kick and flavor then we have noticed from other Mexican Restaurants in the Columbus area. That has us excited and worried at the same time!!
Do you find that only big chain restaurants are supported?
Would an upscale counter service to well due to the economy, No tipping
I will look into the midtown area. I am only familiar with the target area and Columbus Crossing.
Is there any other cities close by that are in need of a Mexican restaurant?
Thank you again!!

Both Bradley Park (target area) and Columbus Park Crossing make up what we consider “North Columbus” retail areas. The main drawback to this area is the rent prices. A prospective business owner should expect around $24/sf annually in this area. These prices are supported because the North Columbus area has produced the highest traffic and “per ticket” amounts in all of their restaurants when compared to the rest of the city. While North Columbus is very attractive to new business, there are many other areas of Columbus that we believe are in need for restaurants. Columbus has shown that it can support good restaurants and I would love to assist you in any way in finding the right location. If you would like, please feel free to contact me at eadams@thejordanco.com

Full disclosure: I am a commercial broker/developer with Jordan-Hart Commercial Services. Jordan-Hart as well as my family are very much involved in the development of CPC and the surrounding area.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:56 PM

47 posts, read 129,036 times
Default Lots of Information

I lived in Midtown for two years and now in North Columbus. I have enjoyed both. Moderator cut: advertising/soliciting not permitted per TOS

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 12-10-2011 at 01:04 PM..

Old 12-16-2011, 06:47 AM

69 posts, read 123,231 times
Very late with this response. I hope you ended up in Ft. Mitchell; I like it out here. It's quiet and I have wonderful neighbors, a real community-feel.

My son attends Mt Olive, he's in the 6th grade. This year they finished the new addition to the school that splits it into a Primary and a Intermediate school. I know that there are a couple really great Kinder and 1st grade teachers now at the Primary school and the school overall does seem to be taking a turn for the better.

I hope you enjoy Ft. Mitchell!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA