Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 11:46 AM

2,250 posts, read 2,161,133 times

Advertisements

After the interior is completely remolded,you'll see a lot of things come into play. Until then we must remain patient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2018, 05:36 PM

3,408 posts, read 1,902,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountain-of-youth View Post

After the interior is completely remolded,you'll see a lot of things come into play. Until then we must remain patient.
Wow! I had no idea! Thanks for sharing...and giving Columbus-area flyers hope!

Old 11-22-2018, 05:41 PM

3,408 posts, read 1,902,377 times
RECRUITMENT PLAN | Columbus GA Airport

Old 11-24-2018, 05:37 PM

427 posts, read 550,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeetheUSA View Post
I wouldn't call it lazy- I would call it frugal. Why would I want to pay a few hundred extra dollars on a plane ticket when the only major carrier delivers you to Atlanta anyway?
That is where I am coming from as well. Whenever I fly out of GA I compare prices between flying out of Atlanta vs. flying out of CSG and CSG has been more expensive each time. IF the rates were lower than or at least more comparable to flying out of Atlanta, I would consider it, but until then, I will drive to Atlanta.

It would be nice to have another airline at CSG (competition anyone?). I think CSG is underserved and has the potential to become MUCH more than it is now.

Old 11-24-2018, 06:24 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,645,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2belds97 View Post
That is where I am coming from as well. Whenever I fly out of GA I compare prices between flying out of Atlanta vs. flying out of CSG and CSG has been more expensive each time. IF the rates were lower than or at least more comparable to flying out of Atlanta, I would consider it, but until then, I will drive to Atlanta.

It would be nice to have another airline at CSG (competition anyone?). I think CSG is underserved and has the potential to become MUCH more than it is now.
Is it still cheaper even when adding gas, parking and time?

Old 11-25-2018, 09:58 PM

967 posts, read 1,072,492 times
I think the big competitor would be Groome. I've had someone mention that sometimes it's cheaper to fly out of CSG, but I've never compared the prices.

I think it's price vs convenience. If it's flying vs Groome then the only thing that airport does is make it a much shorter ride.

I think to really see the airport take off they would need to add flights to a few other larger cities besides Atlanta, allowing flyers to bypass the Atlanta airport altogether.

I saw the plan for Charlotte and that would be a good start, although the plan seems to have a date of 2017. I hope it's still in the works and comes to pass sooner rather than later. Let's also add some other locations like Dallas or DC for example. Dallas would be a good stop for people flying out westward. I know a lot of people that travel southward to Florida, Orlando would be a another good option. Beyond there we could also look at places such as Minneapolis, Chicago, or Cincinnati, the sky's the limit. Ok enough flight puns lol.

Last edited by DWColumbus; 11-25-2018 at 10:45 PM..

Old 11-26-2018, 12:14 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,645,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWColumbus View Post
I think the big competitor would be Groome. I've had someone mention that sometimes it's cheaper to fly out of CSG, but I've never compared the prices.

I think it's price vs convenience. If it's flying vs Groome then the only thing that airport does is make it a much shorter ride.

I think to really see the airport take off they would need to add flights to a few other larger cities besides Atlanta, allowing flyers to bypass the Atlanta airport altogether.

I saw the plan for Charlotte and that would be a good start, although the plan seems to have a date of 2017. I hope it's still in the works and comes to pass sooner rather than later. Let's also add some other locations like Dallas or DC for example. Dallas would be a good stop for people flying out westward. I know a lot of people that travel southward to Florida, Orlando would be a another good option. Beyond there we could also look at places such as Minneapolis, Chicago, or Cincinnati, the sky's the limit. Ok enough flight puns lol.
Agree. Flights would be supported to other cities. Being 85 miles from Hartsfield doesn't help our cause. A flight to Dallas, Charlotte, DC, Orlando and Chicago would do well here. The Dallas flight was doing great while we had it until the merger killed it. Will be interesting to see what transpires between now and 2020.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:57 PM

427 posts, read 550,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Is it still cheaper even when adding gas, parking and time?
It depends on how long I am going to be gone I do not mind spending the extra time driving to Atlanta.

Old 11-26-2018, 09:16 PM

147 posts, read 232,497 times
For me, I always check Expedia.com for connecting flights from Columbus to Atlanta whenever I need to book an eventual flight out of ATL. I've only flown out of/into CSG on a few occasions, but it's so much more convenient IMO than taking Groome to the airport. However, it seems like connecting flights are either really inexpensive (only marginally more expensive than Groom's fare) or insanely expensive (like hundreds of dollars expensive). I would 100% prefer to fly out of CSG whenever I can (even if it's just as a connecting flight to ATL), but there have been multiple occasions over the last few years where I would've loved to have given the airport my business but simply was unable to, either because of excessive prices or weirdly-scheduled flights (e.g., either super early or super late).

Old 11-27-2018, 01:36 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,913,735 times
With the size and influence of Fort Benning, along with the corporate presence of AFLAC, Synovus, and TSYS, it’s always been a mystery to me why the Columbus airport isn’t bigger with more flights. All those people can’t possibly enjoy making the nearly 2-hour drive up to ATL to catch flights. Somebody in Columbus is doing a **** poor job of marketing that airport and the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA