Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 10:52 AM

50 posts, read 216,833 times

Advertisements

Wondering where to live in Columbus? Here's a crime map for the area.
Ledger-Enquirer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 08:19 PM

2 posts, read 9,497 times
Columbus has done absolutely nothing about crime. Columbus has the one of the highest per capita crime rates it the U.S.

And what are the locals response to crime? They just make up excuses like saying "well, there is crime everywhere you go" That is complete BS and a total cop out.

That's alright, Columbus will put itself into bankruptcy if they keep building HUD housing and not doing anything about crime. They will drive out people that actually increase property values and pay taxes and they will move out of Columbus.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:16 PM

70 posts, read 196,823 times
I agree. There are many cities larger than Columbus that may see one murder a year. People do not speed or throw trash out the window. You have to like winter to live in that type of place though as many are in the upper midwest and northeast.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:25 AM

8 posts, read 34,279 times
The situation downtown is getting worse with drugs/crime/homeless making a cesspool of trouble and attracting a terrible crowd of hooligans with nothing better to do.God only knows what will happen uptown with summer coming and a town busting at the seams with unemployed and frustrated locals.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:14 AM

28 posts, read 82,990 times
Chris,It has gotten completely out of hand locally with 4 homicides in a week and now a cyclist was attacked on the riverwalk and nearly raped.Downtown has become as dangerous and is not safe.Locals have said there is no way they will use rails to trails unless they are packing a gun and the unit across from Legacy sits unused with grass knee high.I think this town has had it.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:38 PM

60 posts, read 191,084 times
Cool Crime - Columbus

My boyfriend who works in Columbus, Georgia in retail said there were a few home invasions near his store and some of the victims came into the store for help. Sad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastmaster View Post
Chris,It has gotten completely out of hand locally with 4 homicides in a week and now a cyclist was attacked on the riverwalk and nearly raped.Downtown has become as dangerous and is not safe.Locals have said there is no way they will use rails to trails unless they are packing a gun and the unit across from Legacy sits unused with grass knee high.I think this town has had it.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:01 AM

8 posts, read 34,279 times
Home invasions and assaults have gone off the map at lakebottom and now even out towards Brookstone area.Downtown is definitely a no no if you want to avoid being heldup or car stolen.Look at local crime map for just ONE MONTH!! I'm just happy we have successfully ticketed hundreds of people from LaGrange/Atlanta/Harris Co. on their way to columbus to spend money, as well as run a great sting to get an online prostitute who was probably giving guys going through basic a nice memory before going to war. These new 100 officers have really made the difference. Just check out LAST MONTH FIGURES ALONE.ledger enquirer.com crime map

Old 09-18-2010, 07:56 PM

60 posts, read 191,084 times
Default Columbus, Georgia

Sounds like I may need to stick to Phenix City, Alabama - but I am sure every location has its issues. Thanks for the information - scary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLedgerColumbus1984 View Post
Home invasions and assaults have gone off the map at lakebottom and now even out towards Brookstone area.Downtown is definitely a no no if you want to avoid being heldup or car stolen.Look at local crime map for just ONE MONTH!! I'm just happy we have successfully ticketed hundreds of people from LaGrange/Atlanta/Harris Co. on their way to columbus to spend money, as well as run a great sting to get an online prostitute who was probably giving guys going through basic a nice memory before going to war. These new 100 officers have really made the difference. Just check out LAST MONTH FIGURES ALONE.ledger enquirer.com crime map

Old 11-17-2010, 08:58 AM

7 posts, read 11,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLedgerColumbus1984 View Post
I just checked this crime map out of curiosity and am totally floored!!You cannot even see the city itself after all crimes are posted.Unbelievable for a town this size.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:45 AM

1 posts, read 6,573 times
I'm wondering how the La Quinta Inn and Suites are on Macon Road ?
I've read good reviews but I've also read horrible ones.

I've heard about prostitution and drug dealing in the neighborhood and its really making me think again about my reservation !

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH INFORMATION ! I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA