Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 06:16 AM

168 posts, read 299,595 times

Advertisements

How far east of New Albany you will be working? All of the towns you mentioned are nice, but are very suburban. Not sure of your interests, but I would think a 25 y/o single guy would like parts of Columbus better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 01:25 PM

36 posts, read 49,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresTheBeef View Post
This is just a wild guess, but here are some places that I think will be within your budget:

-Broad St. apartment complexes behind and to the west of Giant Eagle;

-Reynoldsburg-New Albany Rd. north of Kroger, south of the railroad tracks (Blacklick);

-Waggoner Road, North of Broad and around Meijer (Blacklick);

-Pataskala
Thanks, I checked out those areas and sent out some inquiries. Hopefully they'll be available after I get done on Monday if I choose to not go the way if Stony Creek. I'm not looking at Pataskala right now tho. I'd want to be closer to the city and Pataskala seems kind of out there.

Question tho. Another big factor of why I like that place is its right next to blacklick woods. I like running and being a walking distance from that trail that goes through there would be nice. Is that area really that bad? Have you (or anyone) been in that park? I'm looking at the 6 month lease, so I just wanna be sure I wont get murdered in the those 6 months lol.

Last edited by mhrrs89; 02-28-2015 at 01:33 PM..

Old 02-28-2015, 04:12 PM

36 posts, read 49,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripmom View Post
How far east of New Albany you will be working? All of the towns you mentioned are nice, but are very suburban. Not sure of your interests, but I would think a 25 y/o single guy would like parts of Columbus better.
I would in a way, but for right now id wanna be someplace quieter for a little bit. Another reason i like the short lease, so I can move closer to the city if I'd like to

Old 03-09-2015, 03:33 PM

23 posts, read 25,933 times
How far are you willing to travel to work? The areas you name are some of the areas im looking....to move my family. I'm relocating back to Columbus from Denver but did live their during my 20's. If I was a single guy as you said you are, I would be looking in the areas that would tailor to that demographic. The first ones that come to mind: German Village, Grandview, and the Short North. Worthington and Clintonville are nice spots where you are walking distance from everywhere.

From the places you mentioned, I would be looking into Westerville and Gahana.

Hope you find what you are looking for!

Old 03-10-2015, 07:14 PM

252 posts, read 349,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhrrs89 View Post
Thanks, I checked out those areas and sent out some inquiries. Hopefully they'll be available after I get done on Monday if I choose to not go the way if Stony Creek. I'm not looking at Pataskala right now tho. I'd want to be closer to the city and Pataskala seems kind of out there.

Question tho. Another big factor of why I like that place is its right next to blacklick woods. I like running and being a walking distance from that trail that goes through there would be nice. Is that area really that bad? Have you (or anyone) been in that park? I'm looking at the 6 month lease, so I just wanna be sure I wont get murdered in the those 6 months lol.
Blacklick Woods is great and if you like to ride your bicycle, you can pick up the Blacklick Trail from there and bike down to Three Creeks park in Groveport, then catch the Alum Creek Trail up north to Livingston (I take it to Broad). Then I work my way through Bexley and Eastmoor to get back out east.

Check it out:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Blac...39.9478324!3e1

The ghetto part of Reynoldsburg begins West of the high school. The closer to Brice Rd. and I-70 you get, the more ghetto it is. Lots of rentals there and not the best people in some of those rentals.

I even saw a prostitute working a bus stop there while driving down Livingston or Main. I couldn't believe my eyes! In Reynoldsburg? I called the cops and they got rid of her immediately.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhrrs89 View Post

You still didn't tell us where you work. If it's in one of the New Albany office parks, anything on Reynoldsburg-New Albany Road is an easy drive to work. If you work further west in Licking County, the apartments around Meijer and Target are an easy drive to work because you can take some of the back roads. Waggoner to Clark State to Beecher takes you right into Ohio 161.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bflynn View Post
How far are you willing to travel to work? The areas you name are some of the areas im looking....to move my family. I'm relocating back to Columbus from Denver but did live their during my 20's. If I was a single guy as you said you are, I would be looking in the areas that would tailor to that demographic. The first ones that come to mind: German Village, Grandview, and the Short North. Worthington and Clintonville are nice spots where you are walking distance from everywhere.

From the places you mentioned, I would be looking into Westerville and Gahana.

Hope you find what you are looking for!
From a cool quotient, I agree. From a meeting people of the opposite sex (or same sex, if that's your thing) quotient, I also agree (especially same sex since Reynoldsburg is not really a hotbed of alternative lifestyles). But I am a big believer in not wasting time. You have to devote 10 or 11 hours a day to work (including shower, breakfast, lunch and dress time). If you have to devote another 1 hour and 20 minutes driving to and from work (40 minutes each way), your life is going to suck.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:36 PM

23 posts, read 25,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresTheBeef View Post
From a cool quotient, I agree. From a meeting people of the opposite sex (or same sex, if that's your thing) quotient, I also agree (especially same sex since Reynoldsburg is not really a hotbed of alternative lifestyles). But I am a big believer in not wasting time. You have to devote 10 or 11 hours a day to work (including shower, breakfast, lunch and dress time). If you have to devote another 1 hour and 20 minutes driving to and from work (40 minutes each way), your life is going to suck.
I agree. I spend about two hours and 10 mins commuting daily right now. (Part of the reason why we are moving)...but then again...I live in the beautiful rocky mtns and have a breathtaking view of the continental divide each day!

To me...there needs to be a work/live balance. I wouldnt want to spend a long time in the car, but I'd trade a 25 min commute for a good area with a busy social scene (if that was my thing)...and lets be honest...outside of rush hour you can pretty much get from one side of the city to the other in 30 minutes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus