Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 05:41 PM

122 posts, read 379,708 times

Advertisements

in the 80s i lived on the east side oak and wilson in the 90s i lived on the north side 25th and cleveland ave. i now live in baltimore and just wondered what are bad areas in columbus now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 09:19 AM

687 posts, read 2,950,949 times
ditto the info request!

Old 05-16-2008, 11:21 PM

3 posts, read 39,978 times
Get a map of Columbus. Then, google any of the local blogs. Whatever map regions they don't mention- those are the ones.
Or, search this site for a thread I think is called, "Is Columbus Ghetto?". That's a long slog, though.
Generally, it's anywhere -in Columbus proper (not a suburb or village)- that is more than 1.1 miles from the corner of Broad and High.
Scary crime is getting worse in these areas as "certain social classes" are being pushed out away from the central city, and the upper class is moving quickly toward the oceans.
(Note, that local officials have announced a crackdown on violent crime this summer. It might be worth moving here just to watch. Or, You might want to watch it on the local tv news websites. Did you ever wonder if Columbus has "Dual Dopplar Radar?" Yes, we do!

Last edited by Obsolete1.0; 05-16-2008 at 11:36 PM..

Old 05-19-2008, 08:46 PM

138 posts, read 808,793 times
theres a crip gang over on E. oak but the city has really cleaned up the hood even tho u can still see the 30 pairs of shoes hanging from the wires

i took some pics of homes on 13th and cleveland today if you want to see but 25th and cleveland are still the same

The bottems are still bad lmao the cops there just dont care there ive done so much bad stuff over there and havent been 2 jail haha one time cops have seen me doing bad stuff(i dont want to tell what ive done) and they just let me go without saying even tho they were looking right at me

Old 05-20-2008, 06:06 AM

119 posts, read 558,737 times
very classy

Old 05-20-2008, 10:33 AM

3,070 posts, read 11,921,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb69 View Post
theres a crip gang over on E. oak but the city has really cleaned up the hood even tho u can still see the 30 pairs of shoes hanging from the wires

The bottems are still bad lmao the cops there just dont care there ive done so much bad stuff over there and havent been 2 jail haha one time cops have seen me doing bad stuff(i dont want to tell what ive done) and they just let me go without saying even tho they were looking right at me
Wow....thats all I have to say about you.

Old 05-24-2008, 01:31 PM

7 posts, read 85,797 times
I think it depends on what you call bad. If you are looking at crime, then crime is everywhere. And guess what it is even in the suburbs, I just shake my head when something happens and you have somebody on TV saying that they didn’t think it could happen out here

I lived on oak & Ohio back in the 80's I didn't think it was bad back then, but that is just me, but others thought it was bad.

I lived downtown on Main & 4th street for less than a year, about 9 months. They let me break my lease because of all of the crime. My car window was smashed 3 times, I had paint poured on my car, and I would have homeless people, or crack heads would knock on my door in the middle of the night in a secure building
I ended up buying a camera system to watch my car at night and I caught one guy walking up the street, he then turned around came back and picked up a manhole cover out of the ground and threw it through my back window. He turned around and walked away and then the police came around the corner and found my car like that. With the video we found the guy, and no I had never seen him before.
And guess what I was one of those people looking like a deer caught in the headlights, and saying I didn't think it could happen downtown.

I love Columbus and would never leave unless a job came along making over $100,000. I make a little over half of that now, and I am happy right here.

Coming from a buckeye fan, if you want to find bad places, look to that state up north

Old 05-27-2008, 02:56 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,726,689 times
After several deleted posts, I have this to say:
Everybody please calm down or the thread will be closed and infractions will follow.
Thank you.
Yac.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:32 AM

7 posts, read 75,050 times
I looking at coming to Columbus, Oh for my vacation for 1-2 weeks and I think this is really helpful to know. Without this information I would not be able to make a good place of where I want to go for vacation. I would like to be in a safe area place.
Thank you, Oola

Old 01-07-2010, 06:35 AM

7 posts, read 75,050 times
and want to have a good time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus