Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city do you think is the most unique
Columbus 4 8.51%
Cincinnati 30 63.83%
dayton 3 6.38%
cleveland 10 21.28%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2023, 09:06 AM

1,099 posts, read 1,144,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
not at all actually. you started going off about how catholic countries are terrible and this why columbus is amazing or some schizophrenic nonsense
90% of predominantly catholic countries are shïtholes. Look at everything south of here for example. The former vassals of Spain in Asia, shïtholes. Southern europe, shïtholes. Eastern Europe, shïtholes. Russia, shïthole.

I have real time data to support my position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2023, 09:16 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,436,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryMason614 View Post
90% of predominantly catholic countries are shïtholes. Look at everything south of here for example. The former vassals of Spain in Asia, shïtholes. Southern europe, shïtholes. Eastern Europe, shïtholes. Russia, shïthole.

I have real time data to support my position.
That is an amazing story. I see your logic now. Russia (not a Catholic country btw) being a "****hole" means that Columbus isn't an embarrassingly boring, suburban, strip mall covered sprawling mess of a city. Thanks for explaining this to me!

Old 12-29-2023, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
That is an amazing story. I see your logic now. Russia (not a Catholic country btw) being a "****hole" means that Columbus isn't an embarrassingly boring, suburban, strip mall covered sprawling mess of a city. Thanks for explaining this to me!
Again, the dogma is virtually the same. Just because they have had a 1,000 year turf war over who runs things doesn't mean it's not the same thing.

Catholic societies all cut corners. They don't respect rule of law as much as Protestant societies do. That's why you have things like the mafia running amok. That's why the largely Catholic big cities in this country are mostly excrement holes.That's why all the Catholic countries are shytholes.

I realize your double digit IQ brain can't put information together and think for yourself. Maybe somebody should draw a picture for you.

Old 12-29-2023, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
Well, I guess it’s good there are lots of places to live….everyone can find a place that works for them. I tend to see Cincinnati, Columbus, Indianapolis, and Pittsburgh as more similar than different. I think they are all nice places. I’m less familiar with Cleveland, but think the winters there may be a bit colder/snowier than what I would prefer. Chicago is a great city, but comparing Chicago to Cincinnati isn’t an apples to apples comparison. I’d attribute the “****hole” characterization of Cincinnati by your Chicago friends as more “Chicago is the center of the Universe” ego mania than an informed opinion. But, hey, everyone is allowed to have an opinion.
Just something my friend from Chicago recently wrote about Jennifer Garner being in Cincinnati promoting her baby food:

"Why a Cincinnati Kroger? The least they could've done was gone to a Kroger in Columbus. Cincinnati is just so.. DIRTY. Isn't there some way to just demolish and plow over Cincinnati and just sod over the land?"

Old 12-29-2023, 11:32 AM

4,479 posts, read 6,232,680 times
Quote:
Just something my friend from Chicago recently wrote about Jennifer Garner being in Cincinnati promoting her baby food:

"Why a Cincinnati Kroger? The least they could've done was gone to a Kroger in Columbus. Cincinnati is just so.. DIRTY. Isn't there some way to just demolish and plow over Cincinnati and just sod over the land?"
Plain and simple ignorance.

Old 12-29-2023, 12:19 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,237,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I'm still curious why the contest (at least per the title) isn't between Cleveland and Cincinnati. Columbus just seems...blah.
I've lived in all 3 Big Cs...Columbus (1997-2005, went to OSU, graduated 2001, and stayed until 05). Cincinnati (2009-2014), Columbus again (2014-2016) and Cleveland (2017 til now).

Columbus is the fastest growing but it's also far and away the most bland....it's got most of the same issues that must fast growing sunbelt cities like Raleigh, Charlotte, Atlanta, Nashville, Austin, OK City, & Orlando) have...it's all new and bland...no ethnic areas...mostly chain restaurants (what is Columbus' signature dish? Cincy has Cincinnati Chili, Graeters, & Goetta...Cleveland has the Po' Boy, & Pierogis)
Cleveland has the best museums and Cincy is a close 2nd
Nature, Cleveland has the best Metro Parks system by far...Cincinnati has a great metro park system...Cleveland has the CVNP as well as Lake Erie. Columbus has a river that you can't boat in, nor would you want to swim in
Cincy and Cleveland have by far the better downtowns...they have the better sports scenes...
Columbus beats the others in terms of growth thanks to the state government pushing the growth there...does anyone really think "JobsOhio" does anything to help Cincy or Cleveland like it does w/ C'bus? They gave Intel billions of incentives to locate to the Columbus area...no help has ever gone that way to the other cities because they aren't the capital.

Old 12-29-2023, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
...does anyone really think "JobsOhio" does anything to help Cincy or Cleveland like it does w/ C'bus? They gave Intel billions of incentives to locate to the Columbus area...no help has ever gone that way to the other cities because they aren't the capital.
JobsOhio gave everybody around the state a chance to respond. Only Columbus stepped up to the challenge, primarily because they have the players in place to put together the amount of land that Intel needed. Nobody else has that kind of infrastructure in place.

However, JobsOhio did facilitate the new Kimberley-Clark plant going into the Warren area.

Old 12-29-2023, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Plain and simple ignorance.
He is not from Ohio, BTW. A lifelong Chicago native. He tells me that is the general impression people in Chicagoland have of Cincinnati. A step up from Cleveland maybe, but not by much.

Old 12-29-2023, 01:29 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,411,398 times
Quote:

Ouch again! Your Chicago friend is pulling the big guns out, using Jennifer Garner to attack my (soon to be) fair city. In spite of her disappointment in her Kroger experience, I still adore her…she is a cutie. I honestly cannot think of ever having a a bad shopping experience at Kroger…maybe my standards for cleanliness are not exceptionally high.

Old 12-29-2023, 01:33 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,436,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
Ouch again! Your Chicago friend is pulling the big guns out, using Jennifer Garner to attack my (soon to be) fair city. In spite of her disappointment in her Kroger experience, I still adore her…she is a cutie. I honestly cannot think of ever having a a bad shopping experience at Kroger…maybe my standards for cleanliness are not exceptionally high.
Here in brilliant, clean, safe, prosperous and devoutly Protestant Columbus OH, Kroger tends to lead to murder.

Columbus police identify alleged robber fatally shot by security guard in Kroger parking lot
https://www.10tv.com/article/news/cr...4-c14c635b2809

Blendon Twp. Police release Kroger footage showing Ta'Kiya Young theft, shooting
https://news.wosu.org/news/2023-09-0...theft-shooting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus