Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 12:46 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,935,659 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking if the rest of the state is doing badly Columbus will not be bringing in the tax $$$ they were before. It's only a matter of time before some of those state government jobs in C-bus have some cutbacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 05:27 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,070,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sftong View Post
The presence of the largest University of USA definitely help.
What does the University of Phoenix have to do with Columbus?
OSU is the 9th largest

Old 03-04-2009, 07:00 PM

Ohio State is the largest single campus university in the U.S.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:21 PM

Did you miss the part where i said SINGLE campus???? http://www.bizjournals.com/dayton/st...20/daily3.html

Old 03-05-2009, 05:12 PM

cool, dueling cites

my turn
Question: Which School Has The Largest Campus?
Several private schools have large, expansive campuses.
Answer: Northfield Mount Hermon in Northfield, MA. NMH's campus is currently about 3,400 acres. Next in size are Proctor Academy with 3,000 acres and Saint Andrew's School with 2,600 acres.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:14 PM

[SIZE=3]Arizona State University is the new No. 1 in main-campus enrollment among U.S. universities, just edging the University of Minnesota, according to an Associated Press survey of figures reported by the schools themselves.

ASU has 51,612 students on its Tempe campus, which is 437 more than Minnesota's enrollment at its Twin Cities campus. Last year's No. 1, Ohio State, is now third. [/SIZE]

Old 03-05-2009, 05:20 PM

But the idea that the highest SINGLE campus enrollment is kinda silly.
Look at cities that have multiple universities in them.
There student enrollment dwarfs Columbus.

please explain why it must be a single campus (unlike other universities who have multiple campuses in a single city) or a single University rather than the highest number of students and faculty in a city.

Is there a certain amount of students per square meter to create a critical mass?
No that can't be it. New York and Chicago have more.

I'm confused as to your logic

Old 03-05-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzo View Post
But the idea that the highest SINGLE campus enrollment is kinda silly.
Look at cities that have multiple universities in them.
There student enrollment dwarfs Columbus.

please explain why it must be a single campus (unlike other universities who have multiple campuses in a single city) or a single University rather than the highest number of students and faculty in a city.

Is there a certain amount of students per square meter to create a critical mass?
No that can't be it. New York and Chicago have more.

I'm confused as to your logic
The single campus means they are counting Ohio State's main campus and not the satellite campuses. I don't know why you even brought multiple universities into the mix. I'm not talking about Columbus and how many colleges and universities they have.

Also, i'm not the one that came up w/the single campus thing. I was just pointing out that sftong wasn't totally wrong in calling OSU the largest university, he just had the wording wrong.

I'm not going to get into an argument about how great C-bus is, because i myself don't even really like it. I was just trying to make a stat a little more clear.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzo View Post
[SIZE=3]Arizona State University is the new No. 1 in main-campus enrollment among U.S. universities, just edging the University of Minnesota, according to an Associated Press survey of figures reported by the schools themselves.

ASU has 51,612 students on its Tempe campus, which is 437 more than Minnesota's enrollment at its Twin Cities campus. Last year's No. 1, Ohio State, is now third. [/SIZE]
I'd like to see the link to that, because, according to Ohio State itself, 2008's fall enrollment at the Main Campus in Columbus was 53,715. Overall University enrollment (this includes branch campuses) was 61,568.
The Ohio State University - Statistical Summary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus