Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 05:30 PM

122 posts, read 379,973 times

Advertisements

opinions please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 07:36 PM

509 posts, read 782,865 times
yes i think so. i work for a good mid size company and there are alot of blacks here, including lawyers and executives. not many asians or indians though unfortunately.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:42 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,072,039 times
are some of your best friends black?

Old 09-18-2008, 08:04 PM

509 posts, read 782,865 times
mmm, not really "best" friends. i have a lot of black acquaintances and my best friend when i was a kid was black, but we lost touch.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:54 AM

897 posts, read 2,825,547 times
We have several black families that we have become friends with here. They have moved here, just like us, because the larger employers in the area are bringing them here. Like me, the majority of the transplants I've met seem to be pleasantly suprised with central Ohio.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:33 AM

3,070 posts, read 11,927,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweezy View Post
opinions please
Personally I dont think it is. I know a lot of African-Americans who have been to or have lived in Columbus and almost all of them didnt like it and complained about it, mostly about how boring it was.

What I noticed was that Columbus doesnt really have a "huge" African-American community like say Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, St. Louis have. There is a community there but its much smaller. Also a good amount of the African-Americans in Columbus moved there from the cities I just mentioned, so theres not as much as a "sense of community". I will say that a lot of the African-American neighborhoods are nicer than most in other cities, but there are ghetto areas in Columbus. Theres racism in Columbus just like there is anywhere else though. Its not a horrible city for blacks, but its definitely nowhere near #1 as they ranked it.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:59 PM

87 posts, read 180,990 times
columbus has a ton of black communities what are you smoking?

but if columbus is considered as good as it gets for blacks then we're in a world of trouble......

Old 09-23-2008, 05:26 PM

62 posts, read 297,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
Personally I dont think it is. I know a lot of African-Americans who have been to or have lived in Columbus and almost all of them didnt like it and complained about it, mostly about how boring it was.

What I noticed was that Columbus doesnt really have a "huge" African-American community like say Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, St. Louis have. There is a community there but its much smaller. Also a good amount of the African-Americans in Columbus moved there from the cities I just mentioned, so theres not as much as a "sense of community". I will say that a lot of the African-American neighborhoods are nicer than most in other cities, but there are ghetto areas in Columbus. Theres racism in Columbus just like there is anywhere else though. Its not a horrible city for blacks, but its definitely nowhere near #1 as they ranked it.
I agree there are some very nice neighborhoods I seen that you probably wouldn't think were occupied by AA families but that is a good thing but also as stated there's an area where I said "dayuum" and I've seen some hoods but that one by E. Mound ain't no joke lol.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:14 PM

1 posts, read 3,000 times
Columbus is great if u are a black male
black females not so much...........bf's outnumber black males probably 5-7 to 1
However it is a great place to raise your children, if you put them in private school or alternative city schools.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:55 PM

83 posts, read 294,454 times
In general, Columbus does not appear to have a large African American population. But the city seems to be very accepting of African Americans, in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus