Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2009, 10:50 AM

15 posts, read 48,249 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

I will be moving to Columbus in January, right in time for my first OB/GYN appt. for my first trimester of pregnancy. I am lost as to where to begin to look for one. Could any of you please let me know if you are aware or have used yourself a great OB? And what is the best hospital to deliver your baby? I would prefer if the doctor was associated with that hospital. Thank you sooo much. I heard there was a very nice brand new hospital in Columbus? but I'm unsure of the name! Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Angela
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 02:29 PM

15 posts, read 48,249 times
92 views and no replies? Come on people, someone has to know someone that had a baby in Columbus

Old 11-23-2009, 06:58 AM

158 posts, read 404,693 times
The new hospital that you are referring to is in Dublin, OH. I believe the name is Ohio Health Dublin Methodist Hospital. I have no idea about specific doctors. I don't think you are getting any replies because this forum is not the best or appropriate place to look for doctor recommendations. This is a very general forum about things that are happening in the city of Columbus. People don't like to throw specific names around here. There are plenty of forums and doctor review websites out there. You just have to google them. Good luck.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:27 PM

1 posts, read 4,079 times
Bressler, Bressler, and Schaeffer at Mt Carmel East. They were my drs thru 2 pregnancies (13,8, and 5 years ago) as well as Dr Schaeffer being my regular GYN and they are wonderful! Dr Schaeffer has also done 2 of my surgeries.

Old 11-29-2009, 03:03 PM

12 posts, read 25,373 times
kingsdale gynecologic associates has a great reputation in columbus... you can bet all of the doctors there will be good. i'm not sure about where to have the baby, but everyone i know goes to ohio state and has said good things about their experience.

Old 01-18-2010, 06:05 PM

1 posts, read 3,853 times
I was going to kingsdale gyno, but for EVERY single appointment I ended up waiting for 30min-2hours past my time (usually on the later side). I ended up having my son back in March in Dayton at Good Samaritan Hospital. What I liked about that hospital was that I didn't have a doctor trying to fit me into their time schedule, but had a nurse mid-wife who understood I wanted to stick to my birthing plan as close as possible. It was a 50 min drive, but I really wanted a water birth (no hospitals in columbus have birthing tubs -- they had large tubs with jets and everything!!)
The only thing was the drive for each appt. That sucked! I can definitely say that it was the best decision of my life though! I was in labor for 41 hours and was not pressured into drugs or a c-section, and finally delivered my healthy baby boy vaginally. I was told that I would have not have been allowed to go that long at any other hospital. They usually give you a 25 hour window and then lay on the pressure for a c-section. The rate of c-sections is SO high in columbus. But it IS 60% more profitable for hospitals to do c's now a days, not to mention the shorter time you take up their delivery room, so you can see why they push for that route.
OH! Did I mention that half the hospitals in the area are teaching hospitals and you are most likely to have students coming in to observe you while your in labor and delivery. I don't know about you, but I didn't want ANYONE to be near me other than my doula and hubby while I was laboring.
This time I'm going to Dublin Methodist Hospital, since it is closer and should have an easier labor this time. The facilities were AMAZING when I toured. They also were open to you bring a doula to assist you. Pretty cool place. I'm using Columbus OBGYN which has an office in the hospital itself. I'm going in for my first appt. this week with Dr. Beery. She was highly recommended by the other mom's in my mommy group and Dr. Summers was also recommended.
Hope I could help!

Old 01-20-2010, 05:57 AM

212 posts, read 687,197 times
sorry I just saw this, but I go to Cols ob-gyn. I have Dr. Tina Charles and she's great. I had my baby at the Dublin hospital. It's a beautiful hospital. I've also seen a couple of the other docs in the practice and they are all nice. and they have 4 or 5 offices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus