Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2014, 09:57 AM

3,041 posts, read 7,935,359 times

Advertisements

Cannot upload pictures on Craigslist,I never had problem with IE.
I have dial up,I select picture and picture will be uploading very slow and at around 80 percent Chrome will cut Craigslist upload off and show there window saying line disconnected,hit refresh and same window brought back to start over.
Any thoughts will be appreciated.
I will say I have never liked Chrome,to much garbage which I have no use for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 10:04 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,813 times
It probably isn't a chrome problem. You are using dial up which severely limits the amount of data you can upload in a given time. Your pictures are probably too high resolution which requires a much larger amount of data to be transferred. The connection to craigslist is timing out before all of the data has time to upload. Simple solution would be to reduce the resolution of the pictures.

Out of curiosity, why are you using dial up these days anyway?

Old 01-23-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
It probably isn't a chrome problem. You are using dial up which severely limits the amount of data you can upload in a given time. Your pictures are probably too high resolution which requires a much larger amount of data to be transferred. The connection to craigslist is timing out before all of the data has time to upload. Simple solution would be to reduce the resolution of the pictures.

Out of curiosity, why are you using dial up these days anyway?
I only use internet for a very few things and have no use for any social media.
The cost is only $119 per year.As said Chrome is to much garbage,IE much simpler.
The pic's are from My Pictures and I have resized them. Thank You

Old 01-23-2014, 02:46 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,997,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBev View Post
Cannot upload pictures on Craigslist,I never had problem with IE.
I have dial up,I select picture and picture will be uploading very slow and at around 80 percent Chrome will cut Craigslist upload off and show there window saying line disconnected,hit refresh and same window brought back to start over.
Any thoughts will be appreciated.
I will say I have never liked Chrome,to much garbage which I have no use for.
To which garbage are you refering, I'm not aware of any garbage included with Chrome?
If IE works then why aren't you using it?

Old 01-23-2014, 06:30 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBev View Post
As said Chrome is to much garbage,IE much simpler.
We must be using very different versions of IE then. My IE at work chitters, clicks and rattles as it loads content, even in background tabs. Drives me nuts on the rare occasions I have to use it. Chrome, OTOH, loads content without all of that noise.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:05 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
That is your computer at work then mine never does that.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
To which garbage are you refering, I'm not aware of any garbage included with Chrome?
If IE works then why aren't you using it?
My IE on XP was no longer supported with some sites,so had to go to Chrome.
As for garbage,they track and watch every move and have an arms length of history.When you open that window I have no idea what it all means.As I have said before I go not have any interest in computers.
I did upload to Craigslist by resizing pictures as suggested by someone who answered my question.
I do enjoy the forum.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:48 PM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,813 times
I haven't used IE in years except on occaision where it is the only supported browser on a site. Those half assed sites are far and few between though and are usually governmental sites. IE is at the bottom of my browser pool. I am more likely to use Opera than IE.

I used to only use Firefox but since they started the rapid releases which leads to rendering/content issues on some sites, I have been using Chrome more and more. I like Firefox and Chrome because I can easily transition from one OS to another and keep the same look and feel along with syncing them all to have the same shortcuts and bookmarks. I can't think of any "garbage" with Chrome either. It is a pretty slick browser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers