Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 08:48 AM

3,041 posts, read 7,936,527 times

Advertisements

I just installed dialup from PeoplePc.com with email account,one year prepaid $113,works fine.This ISP part of EarthLink.
I will say do not use there download,do it manuallly,loaded with JUNK,crashed my XP but now o'k.They loaded it with 62MB's of junk.
Dollar not tight,do not need speed or any bells or whistles,DishNet makes you pay for a whole bunch of garbage,PeoplePc tries to rope you in also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 03:04 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
Sites today are not designed with dial up in mind. A typical page would take minutes to load.

A dial up connection speed is around 5 KB/sec if you have a good phone line otherwise it's 3 KB/sec ... the cheapest 5 megabit internet connection speed is 625 KB/sec or 125 to 210 times as fast as dial up.

Might as well just buy a used galaxy S4 active or new LG G2 on ebay, ditch your home phone service, get cricket wireless cheapest plan, and have the internet in the palm of your hand at much faster speeds all the time along with unlimited talk and text.

Old 05-01-2015, 05:30 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz
Sites today are not designed with dial up in mind.
Indeed they are not.... Most are bloated,ugly,script heavy and dont run well........

Old 05-01-2015, 11:52 AM

I am extremely pleased with peoplepc.com, way faster than millenicom.They have a very large website and good support,you have to be careful as you use there site because it is heavily loaded with advertisement.As I said before add them in manually,my win 7 did it on its own with add connection,I did nothing to speak of,a real bargain at $113 with 2 numbers for my area.
I also like there webmail site.I have all my accounts moved over.
Millenicom was bought out by Verizon which did away with dialup,I beleave email is next.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:19 AM

Well I have encountered another problem,I have Millenicom still active for any email I might have missed,no Millenicom
dial up.now peoplepc.
On my XP when I access email on peoplepc it pulls up Millenicom first and then peoplepc email.
On Win 7 instructions says on configure access Windows Live and below Outbox click on add email account,since Millenicom is active it is not there.
Do I have to make peoplepc default,if so how?It is default on XP.
How and where do I start for configuring peoplepc??? thanks again

Old 05-03-2015, 08:36 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
When you click add account it should bring up a wizard so you can enter the credentials.

If you are going to use windows Live make sure it's set as default email client, this is not the same as the default email account. Under options on the geneeral tab you'll find a button for making it the default.

Windows live can handle multiple email accounts, setting a default email account just sets which one you use for sending email such as if you click the "new email" button or click a link in webpage that opens an email form. If for any reason you want to change it just for one email there is drop down box on the right of the email that will allow you to select which one.

Note that when replying to an email it doesn't use the default but uses whatever account the email was sent too.

Last edited by thecoalman; 05-03-2015 at 08:46 AM..

Old 05-03-2015, 11:27 AM

Below Outbox there is no "Add Email Account"box,being a pop 3 account I have to do it manually,thank you for interest.
Need to know how to access add email.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers