Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2016, 10:02 AM

300 posts, read 238,786 times

Advertisements

I have TWC, and they have free internet security for their subscribers. I spent about 40 minutes with some one in the Phillipines placing "Family Protection," in my two computers. It is provided by McAfee Intel.

Since it was placed in computer #1, I have had no indication that it is working. On a hunch, I became suspicious that it may not be protecting me at all, so I downloaded a free version of Malwarebytes, and it showed that 250 "Pups," had invaded my computer #1. Therefore, they were removed.

Then I went into computer #2, which I do not use as much as #1, and 200 "Pups," showed up, which again were taken care by Malwarebyte's, I hope.

Computer #2, has in the Desktop a file with a " McAfee Stinger" on it, that when I try to open the file, nothing happens.

PROBLEM #3

In view of the circumstances, I purchased last night, McAfee Total Protection 2016, for Windows 10-64 bit, for both computers, at a special price of #39.99, for one- year. However, it is supposed to be in place 24/7, which it is not. The telephone number is answered by a non-person, which keeps telling me that the agent is working with other customers. (I have reason to believe that they are not working 24/7, but only Monday through Friday, because I called several times, with no help.) The non-person at the other end, stated that : "I should press the number 1 on my telephone pad, and that someone will call me.) I am still waiting, for my download to take place.

However, There is another company called Capital Intellects, working with McAfee, to which I charged my purchase, but, I received an automatic email from McAfee, giving me all the details of my purchase, since I have done business with McAfee, for several years, and I have an account with them. I will wait until tomorrow, Monday, to see if they call me, or I can get in touch with a human being, and if not, I will call my Visa. However, I went into McAfee's return policies, and it states that: If a customer stops a charge through a Visa or Master Card, ahead of time, McAfee will charge them for any fees that Visa or M/C, charges them. What do you think? Thank you,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers