Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 02:44 PM

14,466 posts, read 20,648,603 times

Advertisements

It is easy to add ink. In the top of these tri colors are a plastic plug. You push the plug down and it takes a good bit of force to get it down and into the compartment for the ink to be added. I can do that with my eyes closed. According to online videos and an instruction sheet from a refill kit, the nozzles have to be cleaned or subjected to some other action to get the ink to flow. There is a video on Youtube and one technique is to put a wet rag over the nozzle and apply a vacuum cleaner. That cleans out the clogged nozzles. We tried that and it does work except no yellow. We added some yellow ink and maybe it takes some hours to soak down into the nozzle head. It's curious that all the bad 23's we have, which was 10 in the last two weeks, all printed red but not blue or yellow. We had 7 from the distant past, two that were bought from inks4less and one we bought from Ebay. The common issue was red is all you get.

We now wait on one from Walmart. Remanufactured though.

The actual HP 23 cost over about $55. We can buy a new printer for less than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2016, 06:52 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,694,717 times
I've purchased toner for my Brother from this seller and have been happy with the product. Granted it's not ink, but.

buyez | eBay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers