Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2017, 10:46 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times

Advertisements

How do I dislike Microsoft? Let me count the ways. I decided to download the MS updates which I hadn't done in a while. In doing so, I got kicked off GOOGLE CHROME and my gmail. I have another email address I used much more frequently with Xfinity although I haven't had Comcast in several years. MS seemed to have wiped that out too but with a bit of finagling I have recovered it. Unfortunately, now I have to be on IE inorder to get Internet access.

What I want back is my Chrome. Anybody got any ideas how I can to that? I tried using the download icon for it I have on my desktop but it didn't work.

Hope this makes sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2017, 05:21 PM

2,827 posts, read 4,342,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
How do I dislike Microsoft? Let me count the ways. I decided to download the MS updates which I hadn't done in a while. In doing so, I got kicked off GOOGLE CHROME and my gmail. I have another email address I used much more frequently with Xfinity although I haven't had Comcast in several years. MS seemed to have wiped that out too but with a bit of finagling I have recovered it. Unfortunately, now I have to be on IE inorder to get Internet access.

What I want back is my Chrome. Anybody got any ideas how I can to that? I tried using the download icon for it I have on my desktop but it didn't work.

Hope this makes sense.
That icon on your desktop sounds like it got damaged.

I would try to reinstall chrome following these directions..

https://support.google.com/chrome/an...ll_win_offline

Old 05-15-2017, 10:57 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
That icon on your desktop sounds like it got damaged.

I would try to reinstall chrome following these directions..

https://support.google.com/chrome/an...ll_win_offline
Actually after messing around with it I finally did manage to recover it without having to do the reinstall. The only problem now is my AdBlock extension isn't working. Maybe that got damaged too. I'll check out this website, thanks.

Old 05-16-2017, 06:55 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,148,203 times
Quote:
Actually after messing around with it I finally did manage to recover it without having to do the reinstall. The only problem now is my AdBlock extension isn't working. Maybe that got damaged too. I'll check out this website, thanks.
I would just uninstall and reinstall everything.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:53 PM

1,889 posts, read 1,324,854 times
Quote:

Hope this makes sense.
Just for reference, can you explain clearly what you mean by "kicked off"? Do you mean that the installation wiped out your installation of Google Chrome, rendered your gmail inaccessible, or something else? It may help clarify and troubleshoot what went wrong.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:10 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
If Adblock doesn't work, use UBlock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers