Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2019, 07:48 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times

Advertisements

Hello:

I have a chromebook computer, and after my last adobe update, I started having problems when watching some videos (usually the older ones) it gets really choppy, like watching an old Max Hedroom movie. I tried changing different settings in both the computer, browser and the youtube site, but it doesn't fix the problem. Does anyone here have any ideas on a plug in or something else I could do?

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2019, 05:09 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
AFAIK Youtube doesn't use Adobe Flash for video anymore, unless you have a seriously outdated browser that doesnlt support HTLM5 that should not be the issue. The first thing I would try is use a different browser.

In any event this can be caused by multiple things; internet connection, not enough CPU, running out of space on the storage.

Old 06-11-2019, 05:50 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
AFAIK Youtube doesn't use Adobe Flash for video anymore, unless you have a seriously outdated browser that doesnlt support HTLM5 that should not be the issue. The first thing I would try is use a different browser.

In any event this can be caused by multiple things; internet connection, not enough CPU, running out of space on the storage.
I tried different browsers, but the same thing. Funny thing, it won't do this with all videos. Only some of the older ones. The newer ones, or ones I VEMO work just fine.

Old 06-12-2019, 02:42 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Have you checked to see if other devices are affected? Try a bandwidth checker. https://www.speedtest.net/

I'm not familiar with Chromebooks but on windows you have a task manager that will tell you what is consuming resources and how much. See if it has something similar.

Any other software changes recently? New anti-virus etc.?

Old 06-15-2019, 12:39 AM

129 posts, read 78,877 times
Try reinstalling your video drivers. The choppiness you mention sounds like there is no hardware acceleration - lack of video drivers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers