Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2021, 11:54 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,258,873 times

Advertisements

Something new has shown up since my last update. When I am answering an email or writing a new email or even writing a just plain letter, the column of folders to the left becomes hidden behind my message stationery. Any ideas or suggestions? Thank you. Hazel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2021, 01:12 PM

7,519 posts, read 13,634,207 times
When selecting to write or answer an email, TB opens a new window. That's whats blocking the Folders, etc panes. You can resize this window by "grabbing" an edge, or corner, with the cursor, and pulling it toward center of screen.

Or click the green button at top left, and window should shrink. You may need to push cursor to top of screen for button to appear.

That how it works on my Mac with TB.

Old 03-31-2021, 01:30 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,335,748 times
Don't the bumps in the road make your writing kind of hard to read?

Old 03-31-2021, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed303 View Post
When selecting to write or answer an email, TB opens a new window. That's whats blocking the Folders, etc panes. You can resize this window by "grabbing" an edge, or corner, with the cursor, and pulling it toward center of screen.

Or click the green button at top left, and window should shrink. You may need to push cursor to top of screen for button to appear.

That how it works on my Mac with TB.

I started to say I tried resizing the window but just realized I only tried from the right side. Perhaps from the left would do it. I have one dear friend to whom I write very long letters (makes her happy to talk family) and I someimes want to save it to Drafts and take a break. Can't do it without the folder, I don't think.

So, thank you. I shall try your suggestions. Hazel

Old 03-31-2021, 08:46 PM

7,519 posts, read 13,634,207 times
There are also 2 toolbar menu pulldowns for saving drafts

One on the main TB toolbar at File > Save As > Draft

Other is on the Write pane/window toolbar at ⬇︎Save

Old 04-01-2021, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel W View Post
I started to say I tried resizing the window but just realized I only tried from the right side. Perhaps from the left would do it. I have one dear friend to whom I write very long letters (makes her happy to talk family) and I someimes want to save it to Drafts and take a break. Can't do it without the folder, I don't think.

So, thank you. I shall try your suggestions. Hazel

Thank you, Reed. I did it and it worked. Wonderful learning new things to do. hazel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers