Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2009, 01:16 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,624,169 times

Advertisements

I was trying to learn about my Favorites Bar and how to delete the ones I did not want, and read in a forum that I should go to the Tools Bar. I did that and clicked on it. I thought it would give me time to make up my mind, but it clear ALL MY FAVORITE BAR, and I want it back! I still have the long list, but some on the bar were not on the list. I went to my Bin, but there is nothing there! Now, what do I do to retrieve them? Thank you so much....................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 08:31 PM

78 posts, read 225,820 times
You may be out of luck if they did not go to the Recycle Bin. The list is usually saved at C:\Documents and settings\username\Favorites. If there was nothing in your recycle bin, did you just alter the view via toolbars??? When you select favorites now, what shows up?

Old 11-23-2009, 08:48 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,647,112 times
Not really sure how you deleted Favorites through Tools. As Leave asked, when you click on Favorites is there anything there? You should have an option for Organize Favorites what shows up under there?

Old 11-23-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leavethetable View Post
You may be out of luck if they did not go to the Recycle Bin. The list is usually saved at C:\Documents and settings\username\Favorites. If there was nothing in your recycle bin, did you just alter the view via toolbars??? When you select favorites now, what shows up?
All of them showed at the bottom of my Favorite's list. Now, if I can only take them out of there, even if one at a time, and place them in the Favorite Bar, I would be the world's happiest woman, because it took me a very long time to get them to the bar, initially. And that is all I need. I thank you,

Old 11-23-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Not really sure how you deleted Favorites through Tools. As Leave asked, when you click on Favorites is there anything there? You should have an option for Organize Favorites what shows up under there?
Yes, they are at the bottom of the Favorite List, I want to get those that went there, back on the Bar, next to the Favorites that goes on top of my homepage.

I went through several forums, and it seems lots of people are questioning how can Favorites on the Bar can be DELETED, once we no longer want them, and it seems this is an issue with IE8. My thank to you..........

Old 11-23-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
How did you get that Menu that you posted here?

Old 11-23-2009, 10:06 PM

269 posts, read 911,827 times
When you have IE Open Click on favorites on the top left there will be a star w/o out any green and it should be labeled Favorites. Find the favorite link you want and then right click on it and select add to favorite bar.

If you want the menu bar that (bs...) had you just click ALT.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:23 AM

16,732 posts, read 15,739,580 times
You don't do it through Tools. Try View | Toolbars | Favorites Bar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers