Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2015, 09:49 AM

110 posts, read 202,910 times

Advertisements

Can someone enlighten me on product availability/stocking and third-party suppliers? I have been trying to find a replacement ac adapter for my new laptop for a week, and I am completely aggravated.

1) I had my new ASUS notebook (d553MA) for two weeks (bought from QVC), and my stupid dog decided to destroy the cord. I am now paying for a laptop that I cannot use.

2) I called ASUS directly; not only are they sold out of their universal adapters, they don't even have the compatible one available to buy from them. They stated that their authorized third-party sellers are Amazon and Best Buy....NEITHER of them have the adapter I need.

3) I contacted LaptopChargerFactory and Impact Computers; they have the adapter, but both said it would take nearly 3 weeks for me to get it because they have to order it from somewhere else!!!

I cannot believe how difficult this is. I even checked eBay. Nothing. Maybe I am missing something? Is this common for replacement computer parts and supplies?

Is there anyway I can get my destroyed adapter fixed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 10:01 AM

23,602 posts, read 70,446,439 times
If you ARE a "soopremebeing" you should already know how to operate the laptop on sunlight.

Splicing wire is no big deal, although the results can look messy. Take the charger to an appliance repair shop and have 'em take a look.

Old 03-03-2015, 03:13 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,012,512 times
you could splice the cord together ... Just make sure the polarity is correct

Old 03-03-2015, 03:52 PM

2,827 posts, read 4,343,102 times
I saw these on eBay, but they are coming from Hong Kong and China, so it will take a couple of weeks.

ac adapter ASUS d553MA | eBay

Old 03-03-2015, 04:25 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,447,597 times
Take the computer to a Batteries Plus store (if you have one in your area) they will be able to fix you up.

Old 03-03-2015, 04:29 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoopremeBeing View Post
Can someone enlighten me on product availability/stocking and third-party suppliers? I have been trying to find a replacement ac adapter for my new laptop for a week, and I am completely aggravated.

1) I had my new ASUS notebook (d553MA) for two weeks (bought from QVC), and my stupid dog decided to destroy the cord. I am now paying for a laptop that I cannot use.

2) I called ASUS directly; not only are they sold out of their universal adapters, they don't even have the compatible one available to buy from them. They stated that their authorized third-party sellers are Amazon and Best Buy....NEITHER of them have the adapter I need.

3) I contacted LaptopChargerFactory and Impact Computers; they have the adapter, but both said it would take nearly 3 weeks for me to get it because they have to order it from somewhere else!!!

I cannot believe how difficult this is. I even checked eBay. Nothing. Maybe I am missing something? Is this common for replacement computer parts and supplies?

Is there anyway I can get my destroyed adapter fixed?

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...nt+cord+D553MA

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...ds=ASUS+D553MA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers