Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 07:34 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,305,424 times

Advertisements

Alright. Now we got some good stuff going on. People across the street vs. people on the lot behind us, taking turns shooting them off. At least it's not the drunken idiots next door, with the loud bangs and no visuals.

At least with across the street, we can see it. Behind us, there's the tree line in the way. And this is some quality stuff coming from both. Like town display fireworks, but not as many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 08:39 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
All-righty, it's 10:36 PM, there's been fireworks close enough that it sounds like elephant rifles being shot through a canyon since 9:00. At first, I figured it was one of the nearby towns, but looking out the window I see it's professional-quality, but definitely nowhere near where any of the towns shoot them off.

I was impressed for around 10 minutes. I was patient, held my tongue because this IS a long holiday weekend afterall..but after an hour and a half of this crap I'm starting to feel a little shell-shocked.

It's time for these people to put their toys away and let all the old people and infants get some sleep.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:31 PM

83,525 posts, read 75,333,969 times
Drove on Merrit....was awesome...saw a lot of Deers....quiet...... Then I decided to cross onto I-95 and get off 16.......East Norwalk was the absolute worst -- friggin bottle rockets going off on a main road!! Nobody enforcing the law...people probably just complaining and holding it in.....

I'm having a hard time tonight with my dog.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:56 PM

207 posts, read 452,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
I hear you...Rain always on my mind this time of year but we're without it for 1 more week!

Knock on the door and give them a print out of my illegal firework code. Thats the only quick way.
I would just use it to light off the finale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Same here , although i'm hoping my neighbor doesn't start a fire like a few years ago. He shoots them off on the School Soccer field , next Election hes going. I'll expose him and the dirty cops with the film and pictures i have.
Please do! It will help me decide who to vote for

Old 07-03-2010, 10:13 PM

207 posts, read 452,759 times
The Second Day of July 1776, will be the most memorable Epocha, in the History of America.—I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more.
-John Adams July 3rd 1776

If I have to break a ridiculous law while celebrating the birth of this nation the way our founders intended, so be it. And I will have fun doing it. I don't do it in the spirit of mischief but as a celebration.

Old 07-04-2010, 07:33 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,902,409 times
The fireworks around me were really bad last night too, at 10:00 my youngest still couldn't get to sleep. The booms were hair-raising, it was unbelievably loud. Because we're surrounded by trees we couldn't watch them, either. All we could see were occasional flashes of light way up high. We have local police officers living nearby, but they weren't doing anything about it. It was so widespread, I don't think there is really much the police can do anyway.

Old 07-04-2010, 07:40 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times
Quote:
I'm having a hard time tonight with my dog.

My dog, Artie, is a barker. If he's disturbed, scared, whatever, he barks at it, thinking that it will stop the trouble. When we moved a couple of years ago, I knew the comings and goings of the movers would be a nightmare for him, so the vet gave us Xanax. I should have used it myself -- it did NOTHING for Artie.

Anyway!

Here are a couple of things that you might want to try for your pupper:

Original Bach Rescue Remedy now alcohol free for Pets
This is all-natural and works wonders for MANY dogs.

Thundershirt | The Best Solution for Dog Anxiety
This is specifically for thunder, but if you read what it's about, you'll see that it would work equally well for fireworks.

Poor pup.

Old 07-04-2010, 08:20 AM

83,525 posts, read 75,333,969 times
I believe in waving the American Flag, I believe in fighting for America's freedom, I believe in making everyone legal in this country BUT WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH FIREWORKS!!!!

Old 07-04-2010, 08:27 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,225,500 times
Wow bitter much? As someone who enjoys fireworks, I try to pop them when it gets dark that way I'm not out popping them all night. I live in a state where fireworks are legal, and I realize that some ppl do take it to far, but for certain occasions such as the fourth of july or new years, ppl pop them, it's a tradition. I try to pop them as early as I can, but there are occasions where I'll pop them with friends rather late, but I try to stay in my drive way best that I can that way I don't have my stuff going into someone elses yard.

Old 07-04-2010, 08:30 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,225,500 times
Quote:
Agree. Where does the line get drawn? Imagine neighbors having wars to see who is more obnoxious with the fireworks... will they enforce the law then? Or is it just ok when 1 person does it and not 2? rediculas.

I don't do fire work wars. I pop my stuff and pick up afterwards. I get a few explosives and a few things that are more or less just sparks rather than explosions. The only time I pop fireworks are for july fourth and new years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut