Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 12:46 PM

52 posts, read 99,783 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any first or secondhand information in regards to Summitwoods of Norwich? After trying over and over to get information in regards to the 2 multi family houses my husbands employer owns, and failing we are going our own way until further notice. We see that rental prices are significantly higher than what we are paying for the size apartment we are in (we live in RI), so I opted to check into some income specific complexes (since it seems that my husbands income qualifies significantly below the max, although hes a restaurant manager). We are looking into ArtSpace Norwich and Summitwoods but it seems as though ArtSpace Norwich may not allow small dogs (although ArtSpace Windham seems to), so we are looking at Summitwoods for now. Even though I realize it is lower income families, how is the atmosphere? Is it *ghetto*? Sorry I mean no disrespect but for a lack of a better term. Thanks in advance...and if you happen to have any information in regards to ArtSpace Norwich, we would appreciate that as well.

As for the possibility of Windham, my husband is working in Mohegan Sun, so I do not know if Windham would be a good idea since the drive will not be as short. He currently is driving 130 miles round trip to work, so the closer the better (although a short commute for a great residence/school would allow us to consider elsewhere).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 02:41 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,763,231 times
ArtSpace Norwich is really in a dreadful area in my opinion. I wouldn't even consider that a residential neighborhood. If children are a factor I would avoid it. Summitwoods, is probably the better of the two options. However, Summitwoods is not in a great area either as it's close to public housing which has had its problems in recent years with drugs, etc. As neighborhood go, it would most likely be considered to be sketchy.

Norwich is loaded with rental apartments in 2-3 family homes and there are some condo rentals too. . You might do better to check Craigslist, the local papers online ( Norwich Bulletin, New London Day ) and see if you can't do better.

Look in the Montville too where Uncasville is located.

ArtSpace in Willimantic ( Windham) is in a somewhat better location than its counterpart in Norwich. But again, like the Norwich one, this is an old mill/factory conversion so it's not in a great residential area. However, schools in Windham far underperform.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:51 PM

52 posts, read 99,783 times
We have looked through craiglist multiple times daily most days, and even though there have been some potentially budget friendly apartments, they are either not pet friendly (we have our puggle) or are higher than 2nd floor, which is absolutely not what we can do (unless there was an elevator of course). I had looked through the New London Day a couple times, but there were either too small of apartments, or the same issues we have with craigslist. Our biggest issue is that this was not necessarily a planned move, and then we also have my daughter whom we have to be concerned with not stopping or changing her schooling in the middle of a year.

Thanks SO much willow wind, you are always there to give me your true opinion, whether it ends up being what I wanted to hear or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut