Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 02:59 PM

21,770 posts, read 28,108,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Is that the real name of the place or are you kidding? LMAO
Ha, just kidding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Oooohhhh, is this what I think you are saying??? Is there an "educational" DVD out there I can rent? LMAO
Yes that's one way to approach it.

Search for "Like a Boss" on YouTube. Funny stuff, but I'm not being held accountable for posting it here.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:15 PM

1,497 posts, read 4,460,547 times
"My mama kept telling us that one of the key things wives look up to in husbands was financial security. Of course, I didn't think that would be valid in America There is a certain traditional family system too. Kids behave well and emphasis is placed on education. Again, very unlike other states."

I think that it's much more pronounced in well educated, larger metro areas. I mean, really, moms in Alabama can't really push their daughters to hold out for a man with an MBA or a JD, can they? Also, once moms give up their jobs to have kids, I find that they need to still compete with each other and they do it by comparing how well behaved their kids are (since my son has ADHD, I unofficially fail). I need to go back to work myself, I much preferred the working moms. They had far less time on their hands to obsess over the silliest things.

As for the education element, you are living in one of the best educated areas of the country. It's only natural that parents would want/expect their kids to at least achieve what they did.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:58 PM

21,630 posts, read 31,226,516 times
Ha, oh yes. I'm surprised they don't have a show "housewives of Fairfield County" because it would make a pretty good show, but it wouldn't appeal to the flashy/trashy crowd.

One thing I've noticed is they are becoming increasingly popular in "Lower Fairfield County - East" (Newtown, Oxford, Monroe, Southbury, Shelton). They don't work, stay at home all day, go to the spa, shop, or just mull around town in their Lexus/Mercedes/Range Rover/Denali/you name it SUV. From my experience, they're pretty friendly on a good day.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Ha, oh yes. I'm surprised they don't have a show "housewives of Fairfield County" because it would make a pretty good show, but it wouldn't appeal to the flashy/trashy crowd.

One thing I've noticed is they are becoming increasingly popular in "Lower Fairfield County - East" (Newtown, Oxford, Monroe, Southbury, Shelton). They don't work, stay at home all day, go to the spa, shop, or just mull around town in their Lexus/Mercedes/Range Rover/Denali/you name it SUV. From my experience, they're pretty friendly on a good day.
And Brookfield, and New Fairfield.

There was a Real Housewives of Greenwich reportedly in development, but I think the series is dead. Not going to make any more supposedly.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:37 PM

21,630 posts, read 31,226,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiv808 View Post
And Brookfield, and New Fairfield.
For sure. Actually, Brookfield is arguably worse than Southbury. I think Newtown takes the cake of the towns mentioned outside of southern FFC.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:09 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,870,070 times
Quote:
I think it's awesome. I'm envious of those fat bastards in their suits. They live a life I am craving for LMAO

Very few of them are fat. Many are bald, however.

There is the occasional triple-chin crooked fat bastard....................

Old 05-25-2011, 06:30 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,731,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Very few of them are fat. Many are bald, however.

There is the occasional triple-chin crooked fat bastard....................
Though porky's Sri Lankan, he and I speak the same mama tongue

Old 05-25-2011, 07:26 PM

680 posts, read 1,576,466 times
Quote:
Maybe he should have used you as a mid contact so the SEC's guys can't understand what you guys are saying

Old 05-25-2011, 07:45 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,870,070 times
Quote:
Porky? More like pumpkin head. I wonder what the incarceration costs will amount to? I have to imagine his health care bills will be hefty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut